From: E. (Izzy) Schultz E. on
Not sure if this is the right place or not.
Went to microsoft update and got the following message

Server Error 403-Forbidden: Access Denied
credentials you supplied.

OS is WinXP pro/SP3.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Is Automatic Updates enabled? If not, can you enable it, reboot & find it
still enabled?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

From: aragorn on
Today I got the same error 403 all of a sudden...I did not install anything
new and yesterday I could still update...hm?

From: aragorn on
OK
I fixed it!
I checked the windows update log file [%windir%\Windowsupdate.log] and found
that I had a wrong wuweb.dll file...
I downloaded the latest windows update agent file and now I am back running..

From: dipswitch on
Hi aragorn,
Because here is the same issue: how did you know you had a wrong wuweb.dll
file and where did you download the latest windows update agent file?