From: Eyrle on
See "DIPSWITCH" Post.. I fixed 50+ systems today by downloading &
installing

x86:
http://download.windowsupdate.com/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/7.4.7600.226/windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe
x64:
http://download.windowsupdate.com/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/7.4.7600.226/windowsupdateagent30-x64.exe

From: Nexor on
Ditto. Didn't happen till yesterday around the same time. Never had this
problem. until yesterday, and have been updating on a bi-weekly basis

From: RapidTaco on
If you update to the new version and it does not work roll back to an old
version (i used 5.4.3790.2182) and when you go back to update website it will
update the windows update files (including the wuweb.dll)

From: tedunn on

"Dennis Lindqvist MCT" wrote:

> Any respons from MS yet when they will fix their Update Site not to kill our
> clients?
>
> I've blocked the MS Update Site until further notice in my firewall nit to
> break any more clients.
> --
> /Dennis

Ok, I checked the .dll on a brand new out of the box PC that I am setting up
for a client. It is the correct version as stated in this thread, but I
still got the 403 error. I did run the update exe file and at least got to
the update site so I could run the WGAVT so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Seems Bill and the boys (and girls) in Redmond can't stand success. Great
launch of 7 and now we're right back to the way things used to be....

From: Ernie on
Hello,

I just tried this solution and I am able to get to the update site.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914226