From: nospam on
In article <MPG.264759debbd569d998c2ce(a)news.supernews.com>, Alfred
Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Non sequitor. His point is that there is no point in recording any
> > information that the human eye cannot see when the image is being viewed
> > normally.
>
> By that logic we do not need 60MP MF cameras, because the human eye
> cannot see so much resolution.

true, you don't, unless you are making *very* huge prints.

for an 8x10" print @ 300 ppi (generally considered 'tack sharp'), you
only need 7.2 megapixels.
From: nospam on
In article <MPG.2647597a2006ed0998c2cd(a)news.supernews.com>, Alfred
Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > if you can't see it, then there's no need to capture it.
>
> Then don't capture colours at night, because the human eye can't see
> them.

that's a bit of a straw man. if you are going to be viewing the
pictures 'at night', i.e., in dim lighting, you won't be able to see
the colours so you don't need to capture them. use a b/w sensor and
reduce the storage for the images.
From: David J Taylor on
> that's a bit of a straw man. if you are going to be viewing the
> pictures 'at night', i.e., in dim lighting, you won't be able to see
> the colours so you don't need to capture them. use a b/w sensor and
> reduce the storage for the images.

... and get rid of the Bayer vs. Foveon issues at the same time! <G>

David
From: nospam on
In article <hrjg8d$lqd$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, David J Taylor
<david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> > that's a bit of a straw man. if you are going to be viewing the
> > pictures 'at night', i.e., in dim lighting, you won't be able to see
> > the colours so you don't need to capture them. use a b/w sensor and
> > reduce the storage for the images.
>
> .. and get rid of the Bayer vs. Foveon issues at the same time! <G>

true :)
From: Bubba on
On Apr 25, 1:38 pm, Chris Malcolm <c...(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> The newback illuminatedsensors put the wiring on the backside of the
> chip where it no longer encroaches on photosensor space.

Do manufacturers tell you if a sensor is back-illuminated? For
example, is the Canon G11 back-illuminated?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Prev: SI Facescape
Next: FF camera with mirrorless design