From: Alfred Molon on
Who would be interested in a camera with a large (FF or even bigger)
sensor, with a high pixel count (let's say 24MP or more) and
interchangeable lenses, but with a very compact body due to a mirrorless
design?

Would be great to have such a thing, but I suspect that the market for
such a camera would be quite small, because pros usually like big and
heavy.
--

Alfred Molon
On Apr 17, 5:33 am, Alfred Molon <alfred_mo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Who would be interested in a camera with a large (FF or even bigger)
> sensor, with a high pixel count (let's say 24MP or more) and
> interchangeable lenses, but with a very compact body due to a mirrorless
> design?
>
> Would be great to have such a thing, but I suspect that the market for
> such a camera would be quite small, because pros usually like big and
> heavy.
> --
>
> Alfred Molon

Nobody wants big and heavy.
From: Rutger on

"ransley" <Mark_Ransley(a)Yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
On Apr 17, 5:33 am, Alfred Molon <alfred_mo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Who would be interested in a camera with a large (FF or even bigger)
> sensor, with a high pixel count (let's say 24MP or more) and
> interchangeable lenses, but with a very compact body due to a mirrorless
> design?
>
> Would be great to have such a thing, but I suspect that the market for
> such a camera would be quite small, because pros usually like big and
> heavy.
> --
>
> Alfred Molon
> sharing site

> Nobody wants big and heavy.

Not completely true: i like the canon 7D much moren than the 350D.
Big is better in my hands, heavy is more stable.

Rutger

www.amons.net

From: David J Taylor on
> Who would be interested in a camera with a large (FF or even bigger)
> sensor, with a high pixel count (let's say 24MP or more) and
> interchangeable lenses, but with a very compact body due to a mirrorless
> design?
>
> Would be great to have such a thing, but I suspect that the market for
> such a camera would be quite small, because pros usually like big and
> heavy.
> --
>
> Alfred Molon

It wouldn't interest me (a) because I prefer small and (b) I have invested
in DX (APS_C) lenses.

If it's full-frame, wouldn't the lenses rather dominate the "very compact
body"?

Cheers,
David

From: Alfred Molon on
In article <hqc96n$v8j$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, David J Taylor
says...

> It wouldn't interest me (a) because I prefer small and (b) I have invested
> in DX (APS_C) lenses.

So you can't "upgrade" to FF?

> If it's full-frame, wouldn't the lenses rather dominate the "very compact
> body"?

Maybe, but as long as the focal length is not too big or the zoom range
limited, lenses should not be too big.
--

Alfred Molon