From: dj_nme on
Alfred Molon wrote:
> Who would be interested in a camera with a large (FF or even bigger)
> sensor, with a high pixel count (let's say 24MP or more) and
> interchangeable lenses, but with a very compact body due to a mirrorless
> design?
>
> Would be great to have such a thing, but I suspect that the market for
> such a camera would be quite small, because pros usually like big and
> heavy.

There is already the Leica M9: it has no reflex mirror and sports a FF
sensor.
It isn't cheap either.
From: Bob Williams on
Alfred Molon wrote:
> Who would be interested in a camera with a large (FF or even bigger)
> sensor, with a high pixel count (let's say 24MP or more) and
> interchangeable lenses, but with a very compact body due to a mirrorless
> design?
>
> Would be great to have such a thing, but I suspect that the market for
> such a camera would be quite small, because pros usually like big and
> heavy.

I don't know about the size of the market, but I certainly would be
interested in a SMALL FF digital camera with a 28-105 IS zoom and an
EVF. Wouldn't even have to have interchangeable lenses. Fifteen years
ago, Olympus made a P/S film camera (FF by definition)that was compact,
pocketable, and had a 4X Zukio zoom lens. Image quality was superb.
In those days, a compact P/S with a good 4X lens was almost a cult camera.
Physics does not prohibit a small FF camera with a 4X zoom lens because
Olympus has already created one 15 years ago.
I wouldn't even go for outrageous MP counts. About 8MP would be plenty.
It could produce 8x10s at 300ppi, which is enough for most photographers
including wedding photographers. The pixel sites would be so large that
its light gathering power would be awesome. ISO 6400 or higher would be
a piece of cake. It would be the penultimate "available light" camera,
a boon for indoor and night time shooters. Also because of the large
pixel sites, this camera would become the P/S stop-action camera of
choice. Shooting outdoor action at f=5.6 and 1/2000 sec at ISO 800 would
become the norm!
With time, maybe FF sensors will be cheap enough to incorporate into
compact P/S cameras.
Bob Williams
From: David J Taylor on
"Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam(a)cox.net> wrote in message
[]
> I don't know about the size of the market, but I certainly would be
> interested in a SMALL FF digital camera with a 28-105 IS zoom and an
> EVF.
[]
> Bob Williams

What about:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscr1/

24-120mm (eq) lens.

Not followed up by Sony.

David

From: Alfred Molon on
In article <hqh4ie$oi2$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, David J Taylor
says...
> What about:
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscr1/

It's not FF.
--

Alfred Molon
"Alfred Molon" <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <hqh4ie$oi2$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, David J Taylor
> says...
>> What about:
>>
>> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscr1/
>
> It's not FF.
> --
>
> Alfred Molon

... neither is it what I would call "compact". I suspect FF would be even
bulkier.

David

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4