From: Alfred Molon on
In article <f95cc594-f5b3-4e8d-8737-6e630db2de0c@
30g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>, ransley says...
> Nobody wants big and heavy.

Pros apparently do, perhaps in order to be recognisable as "top dogs" at
events. At a wedding for instance the pro must be recognisable by the
biggest camera.
--

Alfred Molon
>> It wouldn't interest me (a) because I prefer small and (b) I have
>> invested
>> in DX (APS_C) lenses.
>
> So you can't "upgrade" to FF?

Well, perhaps, by buying everything again, but even then I'm not sure that
equivalent lenses would be available. A Nikon 27-300mm FF VR? No.

>> If it's full-frame, wouldn't the lenses rather dominate the "very
>> compact
>> body"?
>
> Maybe, but as long as the focal length is not too big or the zoom range
> limited, lenses should not be too big.
> --
>
> Alfred Molon

So more a camera for wide-angle work....

Cheers,
David

From: Rich on
On Apr 17, 8:09 am, "Rutger" <g...(a)mail.nl> wrote:
> "ransley" <Mark_Rans...(a)Yahoo.com> schreef in berichtnews:f95cc594-f5b3-4e8d-8737-6e630db2de0c(a)30g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 17, 5:33 am, Alfred Molon <alfred_mo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Who would be interested in a camera with a large (FF or even bigger)
> > sensor, with a high pixel count (let's say 24MP or more) and
> > interchangeable lenses, but with a very compact body due to a mirrorless
> > design?
>
> > Would be great to have such a thing, but I suspect that the market for
> > such a camera would be quite small, because pros usually like big and
> > heavy.
> > --
>
> > Alfred Molon
> > sharing site
> > Nobody wants big and heavy.
>
> Not completely true: i like the canon 7D much moren than the 350D.
> Big is better in my hands, heavy is more stable.

Actually, it isn't. The old theory was that a heavier camera damped
down some vibrations more efficiently. Not really the case since
holding the thing sets-up more vibrations in people's bodies than it
damps down. Plus, big slapping mirror systems add vibration
themselves.
From: Alfred Molon on
In article <hqcelj$jr$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, David J Taylor
says...
> So more a camera for wide-angle work....

Let's say everything except long tele.
--

Alfred Molon
Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>Who would be interested in a camera with a large (FF or even bigger)
>sensor, with a high pixel count (let's say 24MP or more) and
>interchangeable lenses, but with a very compact body due to a mirrorless
>design?

Would such a camera be possible? You'd have to rely on the sensor for
the viewfinder and that's a lot of data to be shoveling off of the
chip and onto a screen: up to about 600MB/sec.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last