From: randyhyde on
On Oct 10, 5:32 pm, Frank Kotler <fbkot...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> randyh...(a)earthlink.net wrote:

> > Here's a sample HLA function. Feel free to explain how FASM will
> > compile this:
>
> Herbert will write some macros? :)

Yes, that example was chosen deliberately.
However, whereas HLA's syntax is close enough to C's to let him do
that (well, after making *some* modifications to the HLA source code),
I'd love to see a FASM solution. :-)
hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: randyhyde on
On Oct 11, 12:56 am, Betov <be...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> "randyh...(a)earthlink.net" <randyh...(a)earthlink.net> écrivaitnews:1192061209.543311.257570(a)k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> >> :))
>
> >> Is not HLA now self-compilable, clown?
>
> > What does that have to do with the above comment?
>
> If you had not obfuscating FASM that dramaticly, clown, you
> still could compile FASM with FASM.

Who can argue with that logic?
If HLA were the FASM language rather than a completely different
assembly language, I think it's pretty obvious that FASM would compile
the HLA language. However, the HLA language is *not* the FASM
language. And as the HLA language predated the FASM language, you
cannot even claim that the HLA language is *based* on the FASM
language (Remember? HLA is based on MASM, it has the "dup"
operator :-) ).

By your brand of (il) logic, the HLA language could be based on *any*
assembly language out there. It's just obfuscated differently in those
cases!

It is interesting that you claim HLA to be an "obfuscated" version of
FASM. This is particularly interesting insofar as you personally claim
that RosAsm/SpAsm was based on A86/A386 and other products (like
NASM). It sure seems to me that *you're* the one "obfuscating"
languages here.

But if you're going to apply that logic to HLA, at least get it right.
The main non-original contribution to HLA from the assembly language
arena came from MASM and TASM. That's where, for example, HLA got all
the high-level control constructs and things like structs/records,
unions, classes, procedures, local variables, and stuff like that.
FASM, natively, has none of these things. So, at the very least, get
your facts straight in your insults.
hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: randyhyde on
On Oct 11, 12:48 am, Evenbit <nbaker2...(a)charter.net> wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2:02 am, "Rod Pemberton"
>

> > No. The work is copyrighted automatically, post 1987. The US uses term
> > copyrights. Releasing a work into the PD expires the copyright term.
>
> All three of these statements are exactly correct. This is also
> mirrored internationally to some degree.

On Oct 11, 12:48 am, Evenbit <nbaker2...(a)charter.net> wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2:02 am, "Rod Pemberton"
>

> > No. The work is copyrighted automatically, post 1987. The US uses term
> > copyrights. Releasing a work into the PD expires the copyright term.
>
> All three of these statements are exactly correct. This is also
> mirrored internationally to some degree.

Other than the fact that PD is *not* universally recognized
internationally.
That is why, for example, I use the "creative commons" declaration:

// I, Randall Hyde, hereby agree to waive all claim of copyright
(economic
// and moral) in all content contributed by me, the user, and
immediately
// place any and all contributions by me into the public domain; I
grant
// anyone the right to use my work for any purpose, without any
// conditions, to be changed or destroyed in any manner whatsoever
// without any attribution or notice to the creator. I also absolve
myself
// of any responsibility for the use of this code, the user assumes
all
// responsibilities for using this software in an appropriate manner.
//
// Notice of declaration of public domain, 7/12/2006, by Randall Hyde

In countries where the public domain does not exist, the grant of
rights in the above paragraph seems to be sufficient (well, if the
Creative Commons people are to be believed).

hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: randyhyde on
On Oct 10, 5:32 pm, Frank Kotler <fbkot...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> randyh...(a)earthlink.net wrote:

> > Here's a sample HLA function. Feel free to explain how FASM will
> > compile this:
>
> Herbert will write some macros? :)

Yes, that example was chosen deliberately.
However, whereas HLA's syntax is close enough to C's to let him do
that (well, after making *some* modifications to the HLA source code),
I'd love to see a FASM solution. :-)
hLater,
Randy Hyde

First  |  Prev  |