From: Betov on
Gilles Chehade <veins(a)evilkittens.org> �crivait

> You do know that there also examples of code stealing and relicensing
> in the GPL community right (and not so long as one month ago) ?

Yes. This is exactly what i am saying above.

> Before bashing other communities, make sure you don't do it on behalf
> of one doing the same.

Which other "communities" are you talking about?

I suppose that you miss-readed what i have written...

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: rhyde on
On Oct 8, 8:01 am, Betov <be...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> "rh...(a)cs.ucr.edu" <rh...(a)cs.ucr.edu> écrivaitnews:1191854783.474247.178630(a)r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
>
> > If this is so true, why did they stop after creating some "demos" and
> > not actually write all these applications you're talking about?
>
> Because, as you had done nothing at that time, they were
> much dispited of not having the tremendous advantages of
> HLA, clown.

That's it. Change the subject rather than answer the question.

The bottom line is that they *didn't* write these applications you
talk about. Indeed, according to you, you're about the only person
writing such applications. Tell us about this "assembly rebirth"
again? I guess it means that Rene Tournois has written three or four
applications and combined them all into a single program. Yeah for the
assembly rebirth!
hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: randyhyde on
On Oct 7, 7:03 am, "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_h...(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote:
:

> You've got a point. Once you've downloaded FASM, HLA's backend, just what
> do you need HLA for?

Perhaps if FASM compiled HLA code, you would have a point.

> You've now got an assembler, and if you want high
> level functionality there is always C, correct?

Perhaps if C compiled HLA code, you'd have a point.

hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: randyhyde on
On Oct 8, 3:37 am, "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_h...(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote:

> Tomasz Grysztar says:
>
> 1) "...that the syntax I've chosen for fasm, was primarily imitating the one
> I was using when programming with TASM..."
> 2) "TASM offered two modes, with different syntaxes, ... and the second one
> called Ideal mode."
> 3) "...I've followed the NASM in interpreting the square brackets as a
> variable..."

Randy Hyde sez:

"I followed MASM in using the 'dup' operator to repeat a string of
constant values multiple time."
Therefore, we can conclude that HLA's syntax is based on MASM.

> 4) "...another feature taken from NASM, which is that any operand can be
> preceded with size operator..."
>
> I.e., "TASM ideal"+3+4 == NASM syntax.

Your comments are just as ridiculous as the one above.
There is no question that FASM has been influenced by a lot of
different products, NASM included. That does *not* imply, however,
that FASM syntax is equal to, or even based on, NASM syntax.
hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: Gilles Chehade on
On 2007-10-08, Betov <betov(a)free.fr> wrote:
> Gilles Chehade <veins(a)evilkittens.org> �crivait
>

>> You do know that there also examples of code stealing and relicensing
>> in the GPL community right (and not so long as one month ago) ?
>
> Yes. This is exactly what i am saying above.
>

>> Before bashing other communities, make sure you don't do it on behalf
>> of one doing the same.
>
> Which other "communities" are you talking about?
>
> I suppose that you miss-readed what i have written...
>

> Betov.
>
>< http://rosasm.org >

Oh yeah, I apologize as I did misread while making a confusion about you
and your friend throwing flowers at the GPL ;-)

--
Booze is the answer. I don't remember the question.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last