From: rhyde on
On Oct 8, 1:13 am, Betov <be...(a)free.fr> wrote:

> The real facts
> are that, since the first Iczelion Board, up to the Iro-
> the-snake one (many years afterward), nobody ever heard of
> famous name, in the Win32 Assembly Rebirth area.

Hmm...
Like I really care if anyone heard of my "famous name" in the "Win32
Assembly Rebirth area."

But if I did, I would simply point out that you're playing another one
of your games here. By calling it the "Win32 Assembly Rebirth area", a
term that (up to this point) has never existed before, you have the
luxury of specifically defining that term to mean whatever you want
and to exclude whatever you want. So go play your little games. See if
I care.

And whether or not these people were linking to Webster at the time is
really irrelevant at this point.

> Also, as said in B_U_Asm, since the day one of SpAsm:
>
> "I began working on the RosAsm project in September 1998.
> The very first version was written with Asm32. I begin
> this history in July 2000"*

What's your point?

> Not noticing that, before releasing any SpAsm/RosAsm, around
> 1999, i had done the job of porting its 16 bits ancestor to
> 32-bit (what i used ASM32 for). That is, the dates i provide
> are not the ones i "thought" about doing something with a
> keyboard. These are dates, when SpAsm was already a *usable*
> something, clown.

Please provide the link where you announced SpAsm around here in 1999.
The earliest I can find is 2000.
hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: rhyde on
On Oct 8, 4:46 am, Betov <be...(a)free.fr> wrote:

> 100% of the pioneers of the Assembly Rebirth had one and single
> purpose, which was to create Applications under Win32.

If this is so true, why did they stop after creating some "demos" and
not actually write all these applications you're talking about?

It seems to me that your "assembly rebirth" consists of a bunch of
guys writing demos rather than applications.
hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: Betov on
santosh <santosh.k83(a)gmail.com> �crivait news:fedeib$sq4$1(a)aioe.org:

> It's a kernel API so [...]

OK, Thanks for the infos.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: santosh on
Betov wrote:

> santosh <santosh.k83(a)gmail.com> �crivait news:fed9tg$cv3$2(a)aioe.org:
>
>> Herbert Kleebauer wrote:

>> GTK is not a graphics subsystem. It's a toolkit.
>
> Wait a minute, here !!! What are you saying?
>
> Saying that if i assemble:
>
> call 'libgtk-2.0-0.gtk_label_set_text'
>
> the same way i would do under Windows (this example *exists*):
>
> call 'libgtk-win32-2.0-0.gtk_label_set_text'
>
> I would go nowhere, without the static lib ?!
> Nothing like a "libgtk-2.0-0" Dynamic Library under Linux ?!

Oh no no no! GTK is also available in the form of a dynamic library,
typically in the name of libgtk*.so.

What I mean is when I say GTK, QT wxWidgets are not graphics subsystems
but rather GUI toolkits, I mean that they are comparable to the
windows, lists, scrolls, menus etc. in the Win32 API.

X is the program that does the actual drawing to the video RAM of basic
shapes like points, lines, circles etc. It's comparable to the GDI and
GDI+ in Windows.

All the libraries you'd want to use for RosAsm are available as dynamic
libs. In fact many libraries don't have a static version, since it
leads to unnecessary memory consumption.

Since GTK, (which you _need_ if you want RosAsm to be GUI based), will
anyway use libc itself, don't be shy of using any libc functions if you
find them suitable.

From: Betov on
"rhyde(a)cs.ucr.edu" <rhyde(a)cs.ucr.edu> �crivait

> You might pick up a book on Operating System design sometime

Sorry dude, i don't buy bullshits.

:)

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Prev: aeBIOS Test Request
Next: CMOVcc vs. Jcc