First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Changelog has changed
Who knows what was going on, but today, March 1st, there are a massive number of updates listed in the changelog page, 25 pages as seen by Lynx. I don't really see anything to indicate why it took a month from the last update, but while I'm getting better at reading the changelog because I'm reading it regularly ... 7 Mar 2010 15:08
Slack 12.2 - gnuplot and wxt
I have been playing around with gnuplot, but do not like the default x11 teminal. The default wxt terminal in my Debian setup is preferable. However, that option does not seem to work with my default Slack 12.2 install: ...... gnuplot> set term wxt ^ unknown or ambiguous termi... 5 Mar 2010 18:27
No rootdisks/ in 13. Help me a bit here.
Hi. Making a jump from slackware 10 to 13. I found that there is no more rootdisks/ directory with install.1 and install.2 in it. The reason I need them is that my box doesn't boot from CD (take it as "no CDROM at all"), but I have two partitions, say hda2 and hda3. The hda3 one is currently mounted as /home, and... 3 Mar 2010 12:57
wireless > sleep > wake up > no wireless?
Hallo, I managed to set up wifi for my laptop and everything is working fine. However, every time I let the computer go to sleep and wake it up, it just cannot connect anymore. I tried `sudo /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 stop` then `sudo /etc/rc.d/inet1 wlan0_start` but it doesn't do the trick. Now I need to shutdown, instea... 4 Mar 2010 06:40
Compiling 2.6.32.9 on Slackware 13
Hi People, I'm having a small problem with compiling my own kernel 2.6.32.9 on Slackware 13. Took the .config from current for 2.6.32.7 and changed a few things, like optimizing for Athlon64 instaed of generic and adding support for some wireless chips. I'm by no means a master of kernel recompile, having onl... 5 Mar 2010 08:18
KDE/Gtk and Perhaps X Errors
Any thoughts? Just playing with desk top effects in kde, slack 13.0, and the desktop crashed. Now I find I cannot log in using kde nor can I use kde / qt apps from xcfe etc. Tried renaming .kde4 and .config to see if it was something in there to no avail. Note however that root can still run kde4. Trying... 27 Feb 2010 19:52
Pidgin 2.6.5
Has anyone else had a problem with the latest upgrade to Pidgin, v.2.6.5? When I use it on Slackware 12.0, it keeps telling me that my AIM account has been disabled due to an unexpected response from the servers. When I downgrade to v.2.6.3, it resumes working just fine. I haven't tried it on any other versions ... 1 Mar 2010 23:09
Wireless Slackware 13 64 bits
I'm trying to setup wireless networking without success on my acer travelmate 6493 on Slackware 13 64 bit version, and i don't know what to do anymore, so any clue will be important. I can connect to my wireless router and obtain an ip addres, wpa_supplicant find the correct network and the correct encryption (... 1 Mar 2010 08:02
Cognitive Dissonance
Why am I browsing kde-look dot org looking for Slackware-themed wallpaper to use with Fluxbox and getting an ad for Microsoft? To quote Julie Newmar, this does not computer. ... 25 Feb 2010 05:49
All aTTers unite,lets all offer up some kinds words & applogizesto rob cypher in the sprit of a experiment. rob said that if he gets 5 applogizeshe'll forever stop posting cross threads on ATT.lets all here see if he'sa man of his word or n
Rob Cypher aka "The Anti-Bob" wrote: I could do that too. Although his game is far more futile than mine. The fact Cypher has got you grovelling towards him makes him ever more powerful. I WILL RISE UNTIL I JOIN THE STARS AND ALL WHO STAND AGAINST ME WILL BE DUST UPON MY FEET. RESISTAN... 24 Feb 2010 18:50