First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Load OS to RAM?
Just been playing with SLAX, and my old 500Mhz AMD box ran quite well with it, considering it was loaded with KDE. The dualcore was like a light switch. Pop! Whatever I wanted was just there. Is there a practical way to get Slackware itself to load up into RAM like SLAX does? I like the speed, and can get ... 16 Mar 2010 09:05
solutions manual for Discrete Mathematics ( 6th Edition) by Richard Johnsonbaugh
Do you suffer from a tough class? Are you looking for instructor solutions manual to do your homework? Just send me email with its name and edition and I may be able to help you in low price! It is my list, however if you don't find it here don't give up because it is only a list of some. Please , DO NOT REPLY HER... 15 Mar 2010 08:57
Eeepc + Linux + vbox + usb devices
Hello, I have the following setup. Eeepc 1505HA OS is Slackware Linux Kernel is 2.6.33 USB Devices - CDROM drive, 2 external hard disks, 1 iPod VirtualBox (vbox-puel) Guest OS - Windows XP The problem I am having is that Linux OS is seeing the USB devices but the XP(VM) is only seeing the CDROM and nothi... 21 Mar 2010 16:10
Can't read CD
Hi I have a Slackware 13 installation on an Acer laptop. I'v never had a problem reading CD-ROMs before but one I got with a printer doesn't seem to work. It mounts fine as an iso9660 but there are apparently no files on the disk even though df says 300M is used. In dmesg it says: [ 2350.439313] ISO 9660 E... 15 Mar 2010 13:26
KDE CD Player?
Am I just dense, or is there no KDE program shipped with Slackware 13.0 that will play a music or audiobook CD-ROM? In KDE 3.5, there was KsCD, but that seems to be missing in KDE 4.2. I've looked at Amarok 2, JuK, and XMMS, but none of them seem to be able to play CDs. I see that the CLI program workbone is inc... 14 Mar 2010 19:51
slack-13 32bit fails NFS install with e100 NIC? Solved!
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:25:45 +1100, Grant <omg(a)grrr.id.au> wrote: Hi there, Tries a couple times to install slack-13 to an old pIII box and the installer fails to setup the Intel pro/100 NIC with e100 driver. I also tried to manually setup the NIC but the response to the ifconfig command was somet... 12 Mar 2010 16:09
network backup with Samba?
I have a computer running Slackware 13.0 and one running Windows XP. The computers are networked with ethernet connections to a Linksys router running OpenWRT. The Windows box has a large external USB HD where Windows files are backed up. I would like to back up files from the Slackware box on the same HD, but... 13 Mar 2010 11:56
mounting Slackware 13.0 DVD
Hi, I have succesfully burned Slackware 13.0 DVD and installed the system. In order to browse the contents of the disk I mount it as follows: # mount /dev/dvd0 /mnt/dvd -t cdfs # mount /mnt/dvd/sessions_1-1.iso /mnt/cdrom -t auto -o loop Is there a less sophisticated way of mounting, while # mount /dev/dv... 16 Mar 2010 18:33
Various sound problems
I've been having a few problems with sound lately: 1. The PCM channel is available in alsamixer, but not kmix. This went away with the latest round of KDE updates. 2. The master channel does not turn off the sound when set to zero. It gets lower, but not low enough. The PCM channel has to be turned down ... 12 Mar 2010 05:00
slack-13 32bit fails NFS install with e100 NIC?
Hi there, Tries a couple times to install slack-13 to an old pIII box and the installer fails to setup the Intel pro/100 NIC with e100 driver. I also tried to manually setup the NIC but the response to the ifconfig command was something like SIO??? device not found message. modprobe works and lsmod shows... 11 Mar 2010 20:12