First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
diff slack/kernel-source vanilla/kernel-source
Hi guys, Which differences exist on the provided slackware kernel-source pkg and the vanilla kernel line? I can compare both trees with diff but I want to know which kind of customizations are made on slackware kernel src. Or where can find documentation about it.. For example I see: diff -urN linux-2.6.33.1/... 13 Apr 2010 18:27
Slackware current - wow
Thanks to all for Slackware64-current. Thanks to the slackware team. My machine with its on board HD3200 based graphics was not a happy bunny with Slackware64-13.0. Swapped to current where X.org now supports this card without proprietary drivers and all is sweetness and light. Not been running long enough ... 13 Apr 2010 03:59
show only the current folder name in terminal
Hello, Do you feel the long full path annoying when working with deeply nested folders? I see somebody have only the current folder name only (as opposed to the whole full path), but I don't know how to config konsole like that. Some help please? Thanks ... 13 Apr 2010 15:03
iptables LOG not in syslogec
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Roger Maynard, masquerading as Lew Pitcher wrote: Warning: Lew Pitcher, who posts to this newsgroup, is a domain thief. Read the full story at http://www.roger.maynard.is.an.idiot.ca Everyone already knows the full story: Lew is a good guy and RM is a liar & an f* head case. No Clue ... 26 Apr 2010 23:56
iptables LOG not in syslog
Hi, All: I have a slackware-12.2 VPS installed under OpenVZ (@ChainHost.com). iptables -j LOG rules load correctly. iptables -L shows counts correctly accumulating. /sbin/dmesg shows LOG messages are correctly generated. Nothing shows in /var/log/syslog. /etc/syslog.conf is: "*.*;mail.none; /var/log/syslog" ... 13 Apr 2010 16:11
How to compile Slackware from source
Hello Is there a way for me to create a Slackware DVD that I compiled from sources with my CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, that I could then install Slackware from, so I would have all my OS compiled for my CPU ? Thank you, Timothy Madden ... 20 Apr 2010 18:26
running an app on remote X
I usually work on my laptop sitting at a table a few metres away from my desktop computer is. The desktop computer is connected to a nice set of speakers and holds all my media files. As I'm a lazy person, I usually control it through my laptop via ssh and issue mp3blaster or mplayer to play music. The problem is w... 16 Apr 2010 10:32
Slack13, Mutt, postponed, Segmentation fault.
Hello, I have a problem with Mutt which fails when I am trying to re-edit a postponed messages if there were more than one in directories ~/Maildir/postponed/new or ~/Maildir/postponed/cur. I press m for compossing a new mail message, and answer yes for the question Recall postponed message? At this moment I got... 12 Apr 2010 20:20
KDE4 vs. KDE3
My reaction to KDE4 was so negative that after a decade or more of use of KDE I switched to XFCE. But others obviously have other views. So I ask the general question, what GUI do you currently run? And why? John Culleton ... 3 May 2010 14:14
Printer problem - Samsung SCX-4623F
Has anyone make this printer, Samsung SCX-4623F, work under Slackware? http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/productPreviewRead.do?model_cd=SCX-4623F/XAA&group=office&type=printers-multifunction&subtype=black-and-white-multifunction-printers&subsubtype= I've installed all the drivers for Linux. It prints ... 8 Apr 2010 15:09