From: John Johnson on
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:38:17 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:29:33 -0600, John Johnson wrote:
>
>> It highlights the mispelled word but does nothing.
>> Pressing enter not unfreezes it but the word remains mispelled.
>
>I don't understand what you just wrote.
>
>Are you in "sponsored" or "paid" mode?

Paid mode, been using Eudora for many years

When I click on spell check, it will find the mispelled word highlight
it, but thats all, it will not correct it Misspelled words will be
underlined as I type them in. . But no changes are made either way.
Any pressing of the mouse yields a beep but no action. Pressing enter
that gets me back to normal.

From: John H Meyers on
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 18:32:02 -0600, John Johnson wrote:

> Paid mode, been using Eudora for many years
>
> When I click on spell check, it will find the mispelled word highlight
> it, but that's all, it will not correct it Misspelled words will be
> underlined as I type them in. . But no changes are made either way.
> Any pressing of the mouse yields a beep but no action. Pressing enter
> that gets me back to normal.

Does "gets me back to normal" mean that it starts working properly?

If, while Eudora is closed, you move all your u*.tlx files
to another place for safekeeping, does the problem go away?
(if not, close Eudora again and move your files back).

Have you ever manually added or changed any spelling dictionaries?

Re-running the Eudora installer is one way to replace
the original dictionaries (although it will not remove
any extras that may have been added).

From: John H Meyers on
By the way, what value do you see when you
hold down [Alt] on keyboard while clicking on the following,
when it is in the body of a Eudora message:

<X-Eudora-Option:MainLexFiles>

The default value here is: american.tlx,american.clx

From: John Johnson on
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 04:06:35 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 18:32:02 -0600, John Johnson wrote:
>
>> Paid mode, been using Eudora for many years
>>
>> When I click on spell check, it will find the mispelled word highlight
>> it, but that's all, it will not correct it Misspelled words will be
>> underlined as I type them in. . But no changes are made either way.
>> Any pressing of the mouse yields a beep but no action. Pressing enter
>> that gets me back to normal.
>
>Does "gets me back to normal" mean that it starts working properly?
Yes
The mouse doesnt work but the enter key does?

>If, while Eudora is closed, you move all your u*.tlx files
>to another place for safekeeping, does the problem go away?
>(if not, close Eudora again and move your files back).

NO

>Have you ever manually added or changed any spelling dictionaries?

NO
>Re-running the Eudora installer is one way to replace
>the original dictionaries (although it will not remove
>any extras that may have been added).
Did reinstalling made no difference.
There must be another corrupted file, either in Eudora directory or
somewhere in Windows. Not sure if reinstalling overwrites everything

Like I said the other copy on another USB drive works fine.

Also thanks for the help

From: John Johnson on
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 04:12:30 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>By the way, what value do you see when you
>hold down [Alt] on keyboard while clicking on the following,
>when it is in the body of a Eudora message:
>
><X-Eudora-Option:MainLexFiles>

nothing happens.