From: Swifty on
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:46:02 +1000, dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

>You have tried groove I assume?

Yes. As far as I can tell, with the narrow borders that I prefer, it
is the same as ridge, but with the colours transposed.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Swifty wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> What have you tried, where and how did it fail?
>
> [...]
> Google search: HTML ridge border colors

Since CSS is language-independent, you should remove "HTML" from the
equation and introduce "CSS" (or "stylesheet") into it. And you should
try a bit more.

PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict
From: Swifty on
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:34:40 +0200, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
<PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:

>Since CSS is language-independent, you should remove "HTML" from the
>equation and introduce "CSS" (or "stylesheet") into it. And you should
>try a bit more.

You don't know a way of doing it, do you? And I suspect you'd like to
know a way to do it. And you're hoping that I'll find an answer for
you! :-)

Dream on.

From: Norman Peelman on
Swifty wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:34:40 +0200, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
> <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:
>
>> Since CSS is language-independent, you should remove "HTML" from the
>> equation and introduce "CSS" (or "stylesheet") into it. And you should
>> try a bit more.
>
> You don't know a way of doing it, do you? And I suspect you'd like to
> know a way to do it. And you're hoping that I'll find an answer for
> you! :-)
>
> Dream on.

Search for 'css BorderColor' or 'borderColor style property'

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062
From: Jonathan N. Little on
Swifty wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:34:40 +0200, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
> <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:
>
>> Since CSS is language-independent, you should remove "HTML" from the
>> equation and introduce "CSS" (or "stylesheet") into it. And you should
>> try a bit more.
>
> You don't know a way of doing it, do you? And I suspect you'd like to
> know a way to do it. And you're hoping that I'll find an answer for
> you! :-)

As I told you before in the thread how the UA renders the ridge or
groove is up to the UA, as with inset and outset. You cannot directly
choose the color variation that the UA uses to create the bevel shading.
You can however simulated it with solid borders and nested DIVs.

<head>
<title>Simulated</title>

.funkyframe {
border-top: 10px solid #f00;