From: Swifty on
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 07:59:36 -0400, Norman Peelman
<npeelman(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>Search for 'css BorderColor' or 'borderColor style property'

Which takes me to the statement:
"The color of borders drawn for values of 'groove', 'ridge', 'inset',
and 'outset' depends on the element's border color properties, but UAs
may choose their own algorithm to calculate the actual colors used."

.... at http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/box.html#border-properties

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here. (of controlling *both* colours
used in ridge borders).

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
From: Swifty on
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:04:03 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
<lws4art(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>You can however simulated it with solid borders and nested DIVs.

Thanks, but on balance I'd find all that CSS more irritating than the
irritation of the colours not being to my liking. :-)
I'll stick with: http://www.swiftys.org.uk/wiz?623

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Swifty wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Since CSS is language-independent, you should remove "HTML" from the
>> equation and introduce "CSS" (or "stylesheet") into it. And you should
>> try a bit more.
>
> You don't know a way of doing it, do you?

I know several ways. They are really not that hard to find. You do know
that Google results have page*s*, don't you?

> And I suspect you'd like to know a way to do it.

I would like to know a way that does not require nested DIVs, the Gecko DOM,
or WebCore.

> And you're hoping that I'll find an answer for you! :-)

Partially, yes.

> Dream on.

Likewise.

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)
From: dorayme on
In article <4bd42eb5$0$4978$9a6e19ea(a)unlimited.newshosting.com>,
Norman Peelman <npeelman(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Swifty wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:34:40 +0200, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
> > <PointedEars(a)web.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Since CSS is language-independent, you should remove "HTML" from the
> >> equation and introduce "CSS" (or "stylesheet") into it. And you should
> >> try a bit more.
> >
> > You don't know a way of doing it, do you? And I suspect you'd like to
> > know a way to do it. And you're hoping that I'll find an answer for
> > you! :-)
> >
> > Dream on.
> >

> Search for 'css BorderColor' or 'borderColor style property'

Why don't you search for it and help Swifty out? Go on, be a real
sport, Norm.

--
dorayme
From: dorayme on
In article <hr1i1h$vuj$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
"Jonathan N. Little" <lws4art(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> ou cannot directly
> choose the color variation that the UA uses to create the bevel shading.
> You can however simulated it with solid borders and nested DIVs.
>

> border-top: 10px solid #f00;
> border-right: 10px solid #0f0;
> border-bottom: 10px solid #00f;
> border-left: 10px solid #f0f;
> }
> .funkyframe div {
> border-top: 10px solid #f5f;
> border-right: 10px solid #ff0;
> border-bottom: 10px solid #0ff;
> border-left: 10px solid #55f;

Cool colours, perfect for a Luigi picture.

--
dorayme