From: Swifty on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:15:13 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
<lws4art(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>You are designing for your site's visitors, not for yourself right?

I'm designing for the only person who has ever expressed an opinion on
this subject. :-)

I'm currently the second highest user in our server's access log.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
From: Jonathan N. Little on
Swifty wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:15:13 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
> <lws4art(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You are designing for your site's visitors, not for yourself right?
>
> I'm designing for the only person who has ever expressed an opinion on
> this subject. :-)
>
> I'm currently the second highest user in our server's access log.

Keep designing the way you do and you can guarantee the trend will
continue.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
From: Swifty on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:05:27 +1000, dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

>Which surely was not much use from a public internet point of
>view, how many people in your local pub used or use Opera?

The important person (IMO) does. Before Opera changed, there seemed to
be broad similarity between IE6, Firefox and Opera over the default
colour and style of a ridged table border. Opera then diverged, and
I've been trying to get rough similarity ever since.

It would be interesting to enhance my access statistics to show how
many distinct users are using each browser.
Well, that was easy, and the result:
Opera 10.10 Users: 1

So I now feel empowered to style Opera any way I chose. :-)

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Swifty wrote:

> Norman Peelman wrote:
>> didn't realize the op wanted to alter the two 'halves' of a border
>> (light/dark)
>
> Nevertheless, Norman, it was your suggestion that led me almost
> directly to the w3.org article that makes it obvious that the ultimate
> choice of colours is made by the browser, and beyond my control. Thank
> you.

That a thing cannot be done everywhere is in itself not a good reason not
to do it at all. Additional features can be used so that an application
design degrades gracefully where not supported, with a benefit (to the user)
where supported.

PointedEars
--
var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
) // Plone, register_function.js:16
From: dorayme on
In article <2aldt5tp157qkesqr6epgpbta7fpmfpbaa(a)4ax.com>,
Swifty <steve.j.swift(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:05:27 +1000, dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Which surely was not much use from a public internet point of
> >view, how many people in your local pub used or use Opera?
>
> The important person (IMO) does. Before Opera changed, there seemed to
> be broad similarity between IE6, Firefox and Opera over the default
> colour and style of a ridged table border. Opera then diverged, and
> I've been trying to get rough similarity ever since.
>
> It would be interesting to enhance my access statistics to show how
> many distinct users are using each browser.
> Well, that was easy, and the result:
> Opera 10.10 Users: 1
>
> So I now feel empowered to style Opera any way I chose. :-)

Right, well, this is very different! I think it good that you ask
questions about such a special case. It is so tiresome constantly
dealing with issues of wide public accessibility. <g>

--
dorayme