From: Norman Peelman on
dorayme wrote:
> In article <4bd42eb5$0$4978$9a6e19ea(a)unlimited.newshosting.com>,
> Norman Peelman <npeelman(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Swifty wrote:

>>> You don't know a way of doing it, do you? And I suspect you'd like to
>>> know a way to do it. And you're hoping that I'll find an answer for
>>> you! :-)
>>>
>>> Dream on.
>>>
>> Search for 'css BorderColor' or 'borderColor style property'
>
> Why don't you search for it and help Swifty out? Go on, be a real
> sport, Norm.

Ok, i'll bite... isn't that what he's looking for or did I
misunderstand the question? And what's with the attitude?

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062
From: dorayme on
In article <4bd50b5f$0$4999$9a6e19ea(a)unlimited.newshosting.com>,
Norman Peelman <npeelman(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article <4bd42eb5$0$4978$9a6e19ea(a)unlimited.newshosting.com>,
> > Norman Peelman <npeelman(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> >> Search for 'css BorderColor' or 'borderColor style property'
> >
> > Why don't you search for it and help Swifty out? Go on, be a real
> > sport, Norm.
> >

> Ok, i'll bite... isn't that what he's looking for or did I
> misunderstand the question? And what's with the attitude?

If my desire that you should help my friend Swifty out is an
attitude, surely it is a good one? <g>

He has been searching for how to alter colour balance between two
shades in one type of CSS border (the ridge style border).
border-color would be one of the first things he would have
checked out. It is not any old border he has the problem with. In
an earlier post he virtually said he has checked out information
on border colouring. In subsequent posts, it has been more or
less pointed out that the proportion of shading is UA dependent
and cannot be directly overridden. If you did not get these
earlier posts, I apologise.

--
dorayme
From: Norman Peelman on
dorayme wrote:
> In article <4bd50b5f$0$4999$9a6e19ea(a)unlimited.newshosting.com>,
> Norman Peelman <npeelman(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> dorayme wrote:

>>> Why don't you search for it and help Swifty out? Go on, be a real
>>> sport, Norm.
>>>
>> Ok, i'll bite... isn't that what he's looking for or did I
>> misunderstand the question? And what's with the attitude?
>
> If my desire that you should help my friend Swifty out is an
> attitude, surely it is a good one? <g>
>
> He has been searching for how to alter colour balance between two
> shades in one type of CSS border (the ridge style border).
> border-color would be one of the first things he would have
> checked out. It is not any old border he has the problem with. In
> an earlier post he virtually said he has checked out information
> on border colouring. In subsequent posts, it has been more or
> less pointed out that the proportion of shading is UA dependent
> and cannot be directly overridden. If you did not get these
> earlier posts, I apologise.

That must be the case... didn't realize the op wanted to alter the
two 'halves' of a border (light/dark).

From: Jonathan N. Little on
Swifty wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:04:03 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
> <lws4art(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You can however simulated it with solid borders and nested DIVs.
>
> Thanks, but on balance I'd find all that CSS more irritating than the
> irritation of the colours not being to my liking. :-)
> I'll stick with: http://www.swiftys.org.uk/wiz?623

And you alternative is? Before CSS using HTML attributes was even *more*
UA-dependent.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
From: Swifty on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 06:30:59 -0400, Norman Peelman
<npeelman(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote:

>didn't realize the op wanted to alter the
>two 'halves' of a border (light/dark)

Nevertheless, Norman, it was your suggestion that led me almost
directly to the w3.org article that makes it obvious that the ultimate
choice of colours is made by the browser, and beyond my control. Thank
you.

It's nice to know that something can be done; it gives you the
fortitude to persist until you find a solution.
But it is often much better to find out (or be told) that it cannot be
done, so you can stop wasting your (and everyone else's) time.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html