From: timdrouillard on
Don't forget to look on

Dell's Auction site
http://www.dellauction.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=75406117&cgmenbr=75267554&MoreSubs=Y

Dell Home Outlet Store
http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?brandId=222806&c=us&cs=22&l=en&MODEL_DESC=ALL&s=dfh

Dell's Business Outlet
http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?brandId=222806&c=us&cs=28&l=en&s=dfb

Or Dells prevously leased systems
http://www.dfsdirectsales.com/dell/ctl641/cp57131/cl2/monitors

4:3 aspect ratio LCD monitors appear to be harder and harder to find since
the main market is for 16:9 widescreen monitors these days.

From: Nate Nagel on
On 06/28/2010 11:40 AM, powrwrap wrote:
> I'm in the market for a used, ahem, pre-owned LCD Monitor to pair with
> my 7 year old Dimension 4600.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sys.pc-clone.dell/browse_thread/thread/e1377c8b61754dc5?hl=en#
>
> Looking on CraigsList and ebay, there's a lot of them out there. Any
> suggestions on model number? Any models I should avoid? Anybody have
> one for sale?

They're commodities at this point, even a 19" is considered "small" on a
new system. Don't pay a lot.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
From: Christopher Muto on
timdrouillard wrote:
> Don't forget to look on
>
> Dell's Auction site
> http://www.dellauction.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=75406117&cgmenbr=75267554&MoreSubs=Y
>

> Dell Home Outlet Store
> http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?brandId=222806&c=us&cs=22&l=en&MODEL_DESC=ALL&s=dfh
>

> Dell's Business Outlet
> http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/Online/InventorySearch.aspx?brandId=222806&c=us&cs=28&l=en&s=dfb
>

> Or Dells prevously leased systems
> http://www.dfsdirectsales.com/dell/ctl641/cp57131/cl2/monitors
>
> 4:3 aspect ratio LCD monitors appear to be harder and harder to find
> since the main market is for 16:9 widescreen monitors these days.
>

> "powrwrap" <powrwrap(a)aol.com> wrote in message
>>> On Jun 28, 3:18 pm, Christopher Muto <m...(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> even dell has a 20" wide perspective on sale for under $100, so why
>>> bother with used. new are so much brighter and faster than old.
>>
>> Where? Is this it?
>>
>> http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=320-8326&dgc=SS&cid=27530&lid=627063&s=dhs
>>

>>> if you do go used stay
>>> away from the dell e172 and e173 (and the benq 17" as well) as they all
>>> sooner or later go black (a very common problem that costs more in labor
>>> to fix than the monitor is worth new - but only $5 to fix if you have
>>> soldering skills and value your time at $0 - look on youtube to how to
>>> fix them).
>>
>> Yeah, I'm handy with a soldering iron. Thanks for the tip.

that outlet store really has awful prices on monitors. they all seem to
be more then the cost of new and they only have a 90 day warranty.
here's a new $99 + $0 shipping monitor with one year warranty.
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&oc=IN1910N
the $99 deal on the 20" dell monitor expired... but it will be back
eventually.
From: powrwrap on
On Jun 28, 9:22 pm, Christopher Muto <m...(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> here's a new $99 + $0 shipping monitor with one year warranty.http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs...
> the $99 deal on the 20" dell monitor expired... but it will be back
> eventually.

Hmmmm....found this:
http://www.cowboom.com/store/productDetails.cfm?contentID=680245

But can't find info regarding warranty. Sent them an email.

From: powrwrap on
> On Jun 28, 10:06 pm, powrwrap <powrw...(a)aol.com> wrote:

> But can't find info regarding warranty. Sent them an email.

Transcript from live chat with customer service:

Customer Service: Specific warranty information is not provided by our
clients. Various items sold are described as "Factory Sealed"
condition. These items will include any warranty card(s) that are
included with the original package, however there is a possibility
that the warranty card(s) have expired. We are unable to confirm the
manufacture date of any item in our inventory.

You: This is described as NEW, fully functional, original manufacturer
condition.

Customer Service: Cowboom.com items are eligible for our 30 day full
refund return policy

Customer Service: Other than than, most items will not have a
manufacturer's warranty still valid on them.

You: That's too bad, you just lost a sale...

Customer Service: We apologize, but most items being sold on our site
are not eligible for the manufacturer's warranty.