From: Daddy on
On 7/1/2010 1:44 PM, Al Dykes wrote:
> In article<veCdnWB6BaygXLHRnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net>,
> Christopher Muto<muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>> powrwrap wrote:
>>> After much consideration I ended up purchasing this 20" unit, 1600 X
>>> 900 with a DVI input for $124.95 with free shipping. Three year
>>> warranty.
>>>
>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009158
>>>
>>> With my current computer at age 7, I decided I better get a monitor
>>> with DVI input. That directed my choices somewhat. I wanted to buy
>>> Dell, but couldn't get under $149.00 for with a DVI input. It was
>>> between an Acer with 1440 X 900 for $119 or the one I bought with 1600
>>> X 900 for $5.00 more.
>>>

>> that is a good choice, but starting sunday staples will have on sale a
>> 20" hannspreee hf205dpb for $99 and it also has both vga and dvi ports
>> as well as a three year warranty.
>
> No matter how high the screen is, I find 900 pixels too damn
> small. I'm running 1280x1024 on an 18 inch CRT and when the day comes
> to replace it, I'll be looking for as many pixels or more.
>
> Today it might be this 1600x1200 HP screen.
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/431061-REG/HP_Hewlett_Packard_EF227A8_LP2065_20_LCD_Computer.html#specifications

I would not go with that monitor, Al. You can get bigger and better for
considerably less than $388. You should also consider a monitor with a
16:9 aspect ratio (1920 X 1080).

--
Daddy
From: Nate Nagel on
On 07/01/2010 03:36 PM, Daddy wrote:
> On 7/1/2010 1:44 PM, Al Dykes wrote:
>> In article<veCdnWB6BaygXLHRnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net>,
>> Christopher Muto<muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>>> that is a good choice, but starting sunday staples will have on sale a
>>> 20" hannspreee hf205dpb for $99 and it also has both vga and dvi ports
>>> as well as a three year warranty.
>>
>> No matter how high the screen is, I find 900 pixels too damn
>> small. I'm running 1280x1024 on an 18 inch CRT and when the day comes
>> to replace it, I'll be looking for as many pixels or more.
>>
>> Today it might be this 1600x1200 HP screen.
>>
>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/431061-REG/HP_Hewlett_Packard_EF227A8_LP2065_20_LCD_Computer.html#specifications
>>

> I would not go with that monitor, Al. You can get bigger and better for
> considerably less than $388. You should also consider a monitor with a
> 16:9 aspect ratio (1920 X 1080).

I paid less than that for a 25" (actually 24.something) Samsung
monitor/HDTV. P2570HD, it usually hovers around $300 at newegg.
monitor only versions available for considerably less. Only drawback is
you really need to buy a monitor stand with VESA mount to use it as a
monitor.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.