From: Christopher Muto on
powrwrap wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 10:06 pm, powrwrap <powrw...(a)aol.com> wrote:
>
>> But can't find info regarding warranty. Sent them an email.
>
> Transcript from live chat with customer service:
>
> Customer Service: Specific warranty information is not provided by our
> clients. Various items sold are described as "Factory Sealed"
> condition. These items will include any warranty card(s) that are
> included with the original package, however there is a possibility
> that the warranty card(s) have expired. We are unable to confirm the
> manufacture date of any item in our inventory.
>
> You: This is described as NEW, fully functional, original manufacturer
> condition.
>
> Customer Service: Cowboom.com items are eligible for our 30 day full
> refund return policy
>
> Customer Service: Other than than, most items will not have a
> manufacturer's warranty still valid on them.
>
> You: That's too bad, you just lost a sale...
>
> Customer Service: We apologize, but most items being sold on our site
> are not eligible for the manufacturer's warranty.

i chatted with them too. appears to be another sleezy bestbuy
operation. even their 'new' products have been opened for 'testing'
which pretty much contradicts the definition of the word 'new.' but
they dell sell those problematic e173 and even the 1701 monitors for
about $50 and do have a 30 day money back policy... that makes them a
notch above craigslist... but just a notch. ;)
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

Well, I'd buy with caution if you want used. You can't always know
exactly what you're getting. Make sure you can trust the seller and
believe what they say. Ask questions. Get detailed photographs of the
item. If you really want to be sure, buy locally and try to see the
item before you commit to purchasing it.

I don't know about you, but I think monitors are one of those things
that really do have to be "right" or you will be annoyed beyond
belief.

I'm still largely operating in a CRT era, as they aren't broken and
therefore do not require fixing. ;-) But I do have a few flat panel
monitors, one that I purchased new.

The other three were used. The first is a Samsung Syncmaster 15" job
that I bought through eBay from someone in Batavia, IL. The monitor
had belonged to his father, who had recently passed away. The listing
made clear that it had been taken care of--all of the original box and
packing were included.

The second one was a Dell branded panel. It was an early 15" model,
and therefore cheap ($30). I bought it from a seller that had an
exceptional feedback rating and it is indeed very good--plenty bright,
good response time and good overall condition. I have no complaints--
it even did well when I watched a movie on it.

And the last one was a freebie, given to me a client who had upgraded
a long time ago. That NEC 15" flat panel had been left to sit on a
shelf. While it's "just OK" in terms of image quality, the purchase
price sure was right.

William
From: powrwrap on
After much consideration I ended up purchasing this 20" unit, 1600 X
900 with a DVI input for $124.95 with free shipping. Three year
warranty.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009158

With my current computer at age 7, I decided I better get a monitor
with DVI input. That directed my choices somewhat. I wanted to buy
Dell, but couldn't get under $149.00 for with a DVI input. It was
between an Acer with 1440 X 900 for $119 or the one I bought with 1600
X 900 for $5.00 more.

From: Christopher Muto on
powrwrap wrote:
> After much consideration I ended up purchasing this 20" unit, 1600 X
> 900 with a DVI input for $124.95 with free shipping. Three year
> warranty.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009158
>
> With my current computer at age 7, I decided I better get a monitor
> with DVI input. That directed my choices somewhat. I wanted to buy
> Dell, but couldn't get under $149.00 for with a DVI input. It was
> between an Acer with 1440 X 900 for $119 or the one I bought with 1600
> X 900 for $5.00 more.

that is a good choice, but starting sunday staples will have on sale a
20" hannspreee hf205dpb for $99 and it also has both vga and dvi ports
as well as a three year warranty.
From: Al Dykes on
In article <veCdnWB6BaygXLHRnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net>,
Christopher Muto <muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>powrwrap wrote:
>> After much consideration I ended up purchasing this 20" unit, 1600 X
>> 900 with a DVI input for $124.95 with free shipping. Three year
>> warranty.
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009158
>>
>> With my current computer at age 7, I decided I better get a monitor
>> with DVI input. That directed my choices somewhat. I wanted to buy
>> Dell, but couldn't get under $149.00 for with a DVI input. It was
>> between an Acer with 1440 X 900 for $119 or the one I bought with 1600
>> X 900 for $5.00 more.
>>

>that is a good choice, but starting sunday staples will have on sale a
>20" hannspreee hf205dpb for $99 and it also has both vga and dvi ports
>as well as a three year warranty.

No matter how high the screen is, I find 900 pixels too damn
small. I'm running 1280x1024 on an 18 inch CRT and when the day comes
to replace it, I'll be looking for as many pixels or more.

Today it might be this 1600x1200 HP screen.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/431061-REG/HP_Hewlett_Packard_EF227A8_LP2065_20_LCD_Computer.html#specifications
--
Al Dykes