From: Tony on

"SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> wrote in message

> "Tony" <TonyBattle(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>
>> I haven't got any System restore Points. Whenever I try to use System
>> Restore the only System Restore Point is one created as I open System
>> Restore. This morning I created three System restore points at hourly
>> intervals however when I looked, just now, they have all gone & I have
>> only one and that one created as I opened the program. I'm running Win
>> XP SP3 & have allocated 12% of my hard disk (nearly 6GB) for System
>> Restore. For quite a while I had only been able to use System Restore to
>> restore in Safe Mode & now I can't even do that. Any ideas please?
>>
>> Tony
>>

> Along with what Daave posted, if you are running ZoneAlarm Internet
> Security Suite version 9.1.507.000, that is probably your problem.
> Uninstall that version, then do a clean install of version 9.1.008.000.
> Back up your security settings first, then when you install the earlier
> version (if you wish to), restore those settings and you won't have to set
> everything up again.
> If you don't want to use ZA any more, you could always enable the Windows
> firewall and download and install Microsoft Security Essentials
> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ .
> --
> SC Tom

Yes you're right I am running version 9.1.507.000 but unfortunately I've
never had version 9.1.008.000 to roll it back to. My previous version was
only v.8......

I've Googled v 9.1.008.000 but don't recognise the sites it's available
from. Where can I get a copy please?

Tony

From: SC Tom on

> "SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Tony" <TonyBattle(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I haven't got any System restore Points. Whenever I try to use System
>>> Restore the only System Restore Point is one created as I open System
>>> Restore. This morning I created three System restore points at hourly
>>> intervals however when I looked, just now, they have all gone & I have
>>> only one and that one created as I opened the program. I'm running Win
>>> XP SP3 & have allocated 12% of my hard disk (nearly 6GB) for System
>>> Restore. For quite a while I had only been able to use System Restore to
>>> restore in Safe Mode & now I can't even do that. Any ideas please?
>>>
>>> Tony
>>>

>> Along with what Daave posted, if you are running ZoneAlarm Internet
>> Security Suite version 9.1.507.000, that is probably your problem.
>> Uninstall that version, then do a clean install of version 9.1.008.000.
>> Back up your security settings first, then when you install the earlier
>> version (if you wish to), restore those settings and you won't have to
>> set everything up again.
>> If you don't want to use ZA any more, you could always enable the Windows
>> firewall and download and install Microsoft Security Essentials
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ .
>> --
>> SC Tom
>>

> Yes you're right I am running version 9.1.507.000 but unfortunately I've
> never had version 9.1.008.000 to roll it back to. My previous version was
> only v.8......
>
> I've Googled v 9.1.008.000 but don't recognise the sites it's available
> from. Where can I get a copy please?
>
> Tony

You can get it here:
http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/zass/releaseHistory.html
If you have a problem shutting down ZA to uninstall it, or it won't
uninstall through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, download and run
this tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/support/cpes_clean.exe
--
SC Tom

From: Tony on

>> I've Googled v 9.1.008.000 but don't recognise the sites it's available
>> from. Where can I get a copy please?
>>
>> Tony
>>
> You can get it here:
> http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/zass/releaseHistory.html
> If you have a problem shutting down ZA to uninstall it, or it won't
> uninstall through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, download and run
> this tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/support/cpes_clean.exe
> --
> SC Tom

Thank you. I had previously looked at that site but the only download link
was for the latest version. The link for the previous version just gives
me the list of improvements.

Tony

From: SC Tom on

>>> I've Googled v 9.1.008.000 but don't recognise the sites it's available
>>> from. Where can I get a copy please?
>>>
>>> Tony
>>>
>> You can get it here:
>> http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/zass/releaseHistory.html
>> If you have a problem shutting down ZA to uninstall it, or it won't
>> uninstall through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, download and run
>> this tool: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/support/cpes_clean.exe
>> --
>> SC Tom
>>

> Thank you. I had previously looked at that site but the only download
> link was for the latest version. The link for the previous version just
> gives me the list of improvements.
>
> Tony

I'm so sorry. That link used to have a download button next to each version.
Don't know why (or when) it was changed.
Try this one:
http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/1043_en/zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe
That should work.
--
SC Tom

From: Tony on
>> Thank you. I had previously looked at that site but the only download
>> link was for the latest version. The link for the previous version just
>> gives me the list of improvements.
>>
>> Tony
>>
> I'm so sorry. That link used to have a download button next to each
> version. Don't know why (or when) it was changed.
> Try this one:
> http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/1043_en/zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe
> That should work.
> --
> SC Tom

That's great thank you. It's downloaded & installed.

Thanks for your help

Tony