From: Unknown on
Some people are so brainwashed it's impossible to show/teach them better
ways and things.

From: Twayne on
In news:%23RJBFKH7KHA.3880(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Daave <daave(a)example.com> typed:
> Tony wrote:
>> "Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote in message

>>> Presumably, you have a 50GB hard drive? If so, how much
>>> free space is on there? (If there is more than one
>>> partition on this drive, report the sizes and amount of
>>> free space on each.) Also, note that certain programs interfere with
>>> System
>>> Restore (e.g., Zone Alarm and Norton). For more info:
>>>
>>> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
>>>
>>> Some people have reported success using System Restore in
>>> Safe Mode *with Command Prompt*:
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449
>>
>> Thank you. The hard disk is nearer 240GB and contains 6
>> partitions. I give below the sizes of each partition
>> followed by the used space & then the free space. As you
>> can see I've got lots of free space on each partition.
>> Partition 1 with OS 45GB used 21GB free 24GB 2
>> 165 66 99
>> 3 4 1 3
>> 4 2 1 1
>> 5 20 11 9
>> 6 3 1 2
>
> Unfortunately, the above table is very difficult to read!
>
>> It is interesting you mentioned Zone Alarm as I am using
>> Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite but this hasn't "lost"
>> restore point in the past
>
> Ah ha!
>
> Refer to SC Tom's post then. It sounds like you are running
> the messed-up version.
>
> In my opinion, Zone Alarm isn't even necessary; I wouldn't
> run it.

What you "would do" is of no use to anyone.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Unknown on

..

>> In my opinion, Zone Alarm isn't even necessary; I wouldn't
>> run it.
>
> What you "would do" is of no use to anyone.

What YOU would do is far worse than 'is of no use to anyone'
It's destructive.

From: SC Tom on
And how was it that you were trying to "show/teach them better ways and
things"? You had absolutely no suggestions for any kind of replacement for
Tony to run instead of ZA. In my first reply, I suggested MSE and Windows
Firewall as a viable alternative. Of course, you may not agree with that
combination either, but that's OK. What was your suggestion? Oh, wait, I
remember; "Why do you want that trash on your system?" Very good! That's a
lot of help!
I've seen a number of good posts and replies from you in the past, but on
this particular one, you came across like a couple of the to-remain-unnamed
idiots in the alt.windows7.general group. You may not like ZA or any of the
other 3rd party security suites for various reasons, and that's your opinion
and you're entitled to it. But I've been running Windows since 3.0 and ZA
since it first came out, and have had fewer problems with ZA than with
Windows. That doesn't mean I'm going to relegate Windows to the trash heap
any more than I would quit using other programs that I like. But if you're
going to make broad statements like "that trash," the least you could do is
offer a suggestion for an alternative or two.
--
SC Tom

From: Twayne on
In news:Oeuykih7KHA.5820(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Unknown <unknown(a)unknown.kom> typed:
> .
>
>>> In my opinion, Zone Alarm isn't even necessary; I wouldn't
>>> run it.
>>
>> What you "would do" is of no use to anyone.
>
> What YOU would do is far worse than 'is of no use to anyone'
> It's destructive.

Yes, as you often are.