From: David H. Lipman on
From: "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>

http://clonezilla.org/

http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/index.htm

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:09:44 -0400:

DHL> Tag -- You're it.

Hehe... I'll go jump on my server, I'm away on my notebook right now.

DHL> USB DOS driver and DOS CONFIG.SYS instructions.

:-)

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: gufus on
Hello, David!

You wrote on Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:12:41 -0400:

DHL> http://clonezilla.org/
DHL> http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/index.htm

Thanks David :-)
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: Lil' Abner on
"gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote in

> Hello, Dave!
>
> You wrote on Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:34:45 -0400:
>
> DC> I swear by imaging programs, first thing I did with my laptop was
> make DC> my own image.
>
> I never did setup any imaging programs.
>
> Can you suggest a few /good/ ones?

I use Acronis True Image Home to make a disk image once a week
automatically to a seperate internal drive.
I use Second Copy to update all my modified documents to a network computer
every night, so the most I stand to lose is one day's changes.
Acronis Disk Director is also an excellent application and in my option has
Norton's Partition Magic all beat to hell.
True Image and Disk Director can both be mounted on a single CD if you have
both apps installed.
I formerly used Ghost and Laplink to perform the above routines but due to
Windows 7 incompatibilty issues I wound up using Acronis and Second Copy.
Both work flawlessly and in the background.

--
--- Everybody has a right to my opinion. ---
First  |  Prev  |