From: David Kaye on
five256(a)NOwhere.com wrote:

>I get "screamed at" when I don't crosspost.

I do not knowingly crosspost and in over 20 years of using Usenet I have never
been "screamed at" by anyone for not crossposting.

I stick with my original advice: Post to the most appropriate newsgroup and if
you don't get an answer in a timely manner, reword the post and post it
elsewhere. Again, when people don't answer it's usually because the original
poster was not clear or thorough enough in what they're asking.

From: gufus on
Hello, The!

You wrote on Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:00:53 -0400:

??>> laptop. Bottom line: I need a way to fix those five unsigned system
??>> files. Please help.......

TL> Specifically, the errors I get from Avira Free are:

Let Avira delete them, then (maybe) replace them from your original OS CD.

Worth a cry. :) or try.

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>

| "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>>If I Multi-Post, I generate a Message ID (MID) for each posted message. Post
>> to four groups I created 4 MIDs.

| You're forgetting what I said: I said, post to one newsgroup and if you don't
| get your answer, reword the post and post it to another newsgroup. Often
| people don't respond because the original post is not clear or thorough.

| In fact, many newsreaders ignore crossposts because they assume that
| crossposted messages are spam. My particular newsreader, News Xpress, can be
| set to ignore crossposts. I believe it is set to default on when originally
| installed.

You do that and the other groups do NOT get the benefit of the discussion.

Say you post to Group A - no response.

Now you post to Group B - you get a response.

Participants loose out and don't get the benefit of that discussion because it is in Group
B only.

--
Dave

From: David Kaye on
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>You do that and the other groups do NOT get the benefit of the discussion.

And your point is? I subscribe only to those newsgroups that pertain to my
interests, because I don't want to wade through hundreds of extraneous
messages, many of which don't pertain to my interests.

A good example is the Visual Basic newsgroups. People crosspost all kinds of
things that have nothing to do with the VB language and it gets annoying to
have to read through them, especially when the titles aren't clear.

Again, I am suggesting to people to post ONLY to those newsgroups most related
to your topic.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>

| "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>>You do that and the other groups do NOT get the benefit of the discussion.

| And your point is? I subscribe only to those newsgroups that pertain to my
| interests, because I don't want to wade through hundreds of extraneous
| messages, many of which don't pertain to my interests.

| A good example is the Visual Basic newsgroups. People crosspost all kinds of
| things that have nothing to do with the VB language and it gets annoying to
| have to read through them, especially when the titles aren't clear.

| Again, I am suggesting to people to post ONLY to those newsgroups most related
| to your topic.

If you Cross-Post to the other groups you do NOT have to subscribe to them. Yet if a
group you are non subscribed to does respond to your post YOU get their benefit

--
Dave

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12