First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
How to get Tk to map and XputImage a (proper) image file upon window event?
Back in the late 1980, our programmers modified tkCanvas.c to have a static static XImage *dispixstruct; static char *dispixmapaddress; static int dispixmap_id; and modified its DisplayCanvas() to check dispixmapaddress (0 the 1st time) and if 0, map a specific file storing its address at dispixmapaddress.... 17 Dec 2009 06:00
accessing GUI with TWAPI (was: Accessing GUI of CAD through Tcl/Tk)
On Dec 13, 1:20 am, APN <palm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote: Here is short sample to start notepad and open the file dialog (myappdir) 67 % set pid [exec notepad.exe &] 1212 (myappdir) 68 % ::twapi::find_windows -pids [list $pid] -text "Untitled - Notepad" -toplevel true 0x140524 (myappdir) 69 % twapi::se... 14 Dec 2009 12:06
Tcl/TK is indeed dying
Tk/Tk was my predilect language for small programms, because it was minimalistic and expresive, low weight and extensible, lisp and C similar, ideal for embedding it in other programms. Now it is getting fat and "object oriented" with a lot of unnecesary "features" that would belong to extensions for special purpos... 23 Dec 2009 10:51
www.prevayler.org anyone do an in ram data base with transactionlog in tcl?
Jerry Avins wrote: gavino wrote: ... I ... want to hear from people using the programming languages. Why? You never seem to do anything with what you learn. True, if in fact he learns anything. He seems to have a very modest IQ, and he lacks the confidence and willpower to decide upon a... 17 Dec 2009 11:28
canvasx and canvasy off by 1 after setting scrollregion
Hi - I am seeing a peculiar off-by-1 issue with canvasx and canvasy after setting a canvas scrollregion. I set a scroll region, but no scrolling has happened. I would expect [.canvas canvasx 0] to be == 0, and the same for canvasy. However, if the scrollregion is smaller or the same size as the canvas, then I get -... 11 Dec 2009 18:03
tcl vs lisp and haskell
lisp and haskell claim many powers tcl doesn't have! do tclers miss it? or can tcl do it all well I remember old post about tcl being more porductive according to one guy, who said tcl is rapid development galore. opinions? ... 16 Dec 2009 04:43
Accessing GUI of CAD through Tcl/Tk
Dear All, I am trying to control some CAD package through Tcl. The painful thing is that, I have to control the CAD (only) through GUI. What I need to do is actually fairly simple (for a human beings) 1. Launch a CAD in Tcl/tk 2. File > Open to Load a file into the CAD 3. Find out some specific items in... 16 Dec 2009 13:28
ingres tcl extension? IICMD?
I am looking for an ingres tcl driver / extension. The wiki has the following: http://wiki.tcl.tk/20731 Title: IICMD - TCL extension for INGRES DBMS The page has a link to download at http://code.google.com/p/iicmd/ but I get an access is denied error. Anyone has more info on the status of this project? An... 17 Dec 2009 17:03
PureTkGUI v0.9.0 is out
Hello all ! Now is the time for another PureTkGUI release. After one month and a half of hard work in my own free time, v0.9.0 is finally out. It brings a *lot* of new features. Here are the highlights : - Virtually any widget is supported thanks to the WDF (Widget Definition File) concept; - Tk, ttk, Tix... 12 Dec 2009 05:54
Serial Port and asynchronous event help need
Hi tcl gurus There is now 2 weeks that I try to find a solution to my problem The problem is relative simple to understand. My PC have to control a serial device. But The PC has to be the Master and the device a Slave. So there is a Handshaking mechanism I use, to simulate the serial port, the free "Virtual... 12 Dec 2009 18:55