First  |  Prev |
Pages: 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Getting pipe's stderr, but not stdout?
My Tcl program spawns of a C-utility redirecting its stdout: set pipe [open "|$command > /tmp/somewhere" r] This fails with: can't read output from command: standard output was redirected How can access the utility's stderr output without chewing its stdout? Thanks! -mi ... 15 Aug 2006 17:29
SMTP issue
I am running the same script on 3 different HP servers. One of the servers is erroring out with the following: rhicks(a)lims-dev1$ ./fstats.tcl key message-id not in header while executing "error "key $mixed not in header"" ("default" arm line 5) invoked from within "switch -- $key { "" { ... 26 Apr 2006 14:38
tcl/tk on Windows: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" on quit
I have an application that uses Tk and runs on various platforms. On Windows 2000 (I don't know about XP) when the user quits (which calls quit on the root toplevel), it always exits with the following error dialog: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact... 11 Mar 2006 05:51
Checksum
What is the best way to compute a 16-bit checksum in TCL? I've tried using the cksum() and crc::sum commands but I just receive the error "invalid command name." Here's my code: set data \x00\x4d\x41\x49\x4e\x00\x00\x00\x00\x26\x00\x04\x05\x0f\x09\x01\x06\xef\xf2\x01\xf2\xf3\x01\xf3\x54\x65\x73\x74\x69\x6e\x... 16 Mar 2006 16:24
launching wish from tclsh
Hi, I'm trying to create some scripts to run Ixia performance tests using a console interface (tclsh) in place of a gui interface for input of test parameters. Gui-based Ixia tests are basically Tcl/Tk scripts that can be run using tcl packages (IxTclHal) only accessible from wish and not from tclsh. So, I procee... 22 Feb 2006 19:01
Tcl vs. Lua
Coincidentally I came across Lua ( http://lua.org ). Seems their goals, portability, embeddability, extendability, are similar to Tcl. Just like Tcl, I had never heard of Lua, but they claim it to be simple, fast, etc. So, I can't help wonder how Tcl compares to Lua. Does anyone here know Lua? I'm sure each has... 31 Dec 2005 03:30
tclBlend for Windows
hi has anyone got a full working tclBlend binary distro for Windows that they could make available to me? regards will551 ... 28 Oct 2005 08:23
Help with freewrap
I've just started getting into TCL and am in the process of writing my first application, which is a simple database using the sqlite libraries. I've been developing the program under Linux, but would like to make it available under Windows as well and would prefer to have a self-contained executable rather than ... 23 Jul 2005 21:51
Newbie Tcl/Tk build problem
I am trying to build Tcl/Tk 8.4.9 on a Windows XP systems that has VS .NET installed. I downloaded the two directory trees and as far as I know built Tcl successfully: * There was a VS solution object that fired up the VS .NET IDE and appeared to build (something) without errors. * I also found a buildall.... 10 Apr 2005 17:23
Any tips on structuring large expect scripts ?
I have written a large expect script, which is starting to become a bit unwieldly. Does anyone have any advice on how best to structure large expect scripts. Thanks, Darren ... 14 Feb 2005 19:27