From: Frank ess on
A reminder of what we truly /must/ give thanks for:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2667/4134543499_7540c66de2_o.jpg

War Veterans Memorial, Mt Soledad, LaJolla, California

--
Frank ess
From: Die Wahrheit on
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:15:19 -0800, "Frank ess" <frank(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:

>A reminder of what we truly /must/ give thanks for:
>
>http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2667/4134543499_7540c66de2_o.jpg
>
>War Veterans Memorial, Mt Soledad, LaJolla, California

Yeah, let me thank them for being corporate pawns and are too ignorant to
see that they are just patsies for oil-company CEOs. Giving up their lives
and mindlessly following like sheep to keep those CEOs in their cushy and
manipulative towers.

War casualties (religious or corporate) are just prime examples of the very
best Darwinism in action.

GO! Lemmings! GO!

Thanks! For erasing your weak-willed stupidity genes from the human race!

From: Ray Fischer on
Frank ess <frank(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:
>A reminder of what we truly /must/ give thanks for:
>
>http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2667/4134543499_7540c66de2_o.jpg
>
>War Veterans Memorial, Mt Soledad, LaJolla, California

Wrong.

Thankgiving is not a "christian" holiday and it is not a patriotic
holiday. It has nothing to do with war (that's Memorial Day) and it
has nothing to do with the cross (that's Easter). It's a day for
giving thanks.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: snapper on
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:15:19 -0800, "Frank ess" <frank(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:

> A reminder of what we truly /must/ give thanks for:
>
> http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2667/4134543499_7540c66de2_o.jpg
>
> War Veterans Memorial, Mt Soledad, LaJolla, California

A bit more cropping to get rid of the cars and it will look better. A bit hard to fix the darkness though.

From: Chris H on
In message <4b0f25c9$0$1631$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, Ray Fischer
<rfischer(a)sonic.net> writes
>Frank ess <frank(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:
>>A reminder of what we truly /must/ give thanks for:
>>
>>http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2667/4134543499_7540c66de2_o.jpg
>>
>>War Veterans Memorial, Mt Soledad, LaJolla, California
>
>Wrong.
>
>Thankgiving is not a "christian" holiday and it is not a patriotic
>holiday. It has nothing to do with war (that's Memorial Day) and it
>has nothing to do with the cross (that's Easter). It's a day for
>giving thanks.

The cross I though was a generic Christian symbol and not just for
Easter?

As you say it is not about "war" though I thought (btw I am not
American so this is a genuine request for information) that it was
thanks giving for landing in the Americas safely and making the
crossing?

It would be "Christian" as most/all? of them were some what zealous in
their Christian beliefs hence leaving Europe. I am not sure that
originally it was "patriotic" as there was no country as such to be
patriotic about? Didn't that come later?