From: thunk on

> Andrew McElroy

Was confident enough to announce to this group what he thought this
was, right?

On his side there were kids needing piano lessons, and a SawsAll. On
my side, I was in total awe of his understanding of all this and he
told me about Python and functions and Google and I made a lot of
notes in a 15/20 minute conversation which..... made sense to me.

I was ready to drive to Hendersonville to meet him, as, yes, I rather
old fashioned about who I trust.

Given the way he is framing things that decision, in retrospect, seems
like it makes sense. Or?

Thunk
From: thunk on
On Apr 10, 12:36 pm, Seebs <usenet-nos...(a)seebs.net> wrote:
> On 2010-04-10, andrew mcelroy <sophri...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >[thunk]
> >> there are real reasons why this should be so.   The author sees a
> >> legitimate
> >> reason for some central control or chaos would reign.
>
> Okay, yeah, this guy is mentally unwell.
>
> Thunk, if you were for real, you would know that you would have complete
> control over YOUR BRANCH.  Which is all that matters.  It doesn't matter
> if other people want to fork or not; what matters is that you demonstrate,
> or explain, anything.  But you can't, because you don't have anything.
> Nothing exists.  There's just a bunch of fleeting thoughts which capture
> your attention so strongly that you have to talk about them, but they've
> never turned into anything which has a real, functional, form.
>
> Please see a mental health professional.
>
> -s
> --
> Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nos...(a)seebs.nethttp://www.seebs.net/log/<-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictureshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!

Funny you should mention this. Four years ago I was "certified" to be
not crazy. And how many of you can say that ;) -

No, it is about enjoying the visual and understanding how our minds
can work with us and how THEY ARE NOT MACHINES whether we feel like
they should be or not. And given a background in Blue Sky research
(R&D Kimberly Clark) and a few such things the author enjoys working
with and not against the deeper powers. Walked past a book titled
something we are all capable of greater things (it wasn't that low
key, but I don't want to make this sound too....)

BUT in MY day - StepWise was the thing. And I will always try to go
to bed with a problem, because I know that 90% plus chance I will wake
up with the solution "handed to me" - if you guys really don't believe
this happens, well, I feel sorry for you because you are missing
something I have enjoyed and found to be a productivity enhancer to
the first order. It might explain why I ENJOY programming - it has
never been work.

As for not existing, well, wanna bet?? I'm serious, anybody really
smug and sure enough to take on bet about this stuff??? It exists,
and it is doing work of a modest sort - but I cannot think why cannot
do much more.

And that's just 100% the truth.

Thunk
From: H- 16 on
Seebs wrote:
> On 2010-04-10, andrew mcelroy <sophrinix(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>[thunk]
>>> there are real reasons why this should be so. � The author sees a
>>> legitimate
>>> reason for some central control or chaos would reign.
>
> Okay, yeah, this guy is mentally unwell.

Wow, I find it funny that Think speaks in third person.

Thunk, IF you are real then you could alwys just send code snippets,
with out revealing all your 'secrets'.

But, I don't quite think you'll listen to my (or anyone's for that
matter) opinion.

I am curious as to why his IP has not been banned yet. He seems to be
just spamming and getting everyone annoyed.

From: Seebs on
On 2010-04-10, H- 16 <s1ay3r44(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I am curious as to why his IP has not been banned yet. He seems to be
> just spamming and getting everyone annoyed.

Usenet does not have "IP bans". Under the hood, there is a Usenet newsgroup
here, and anyone and anything can post to that.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam(a)seebs.net
From: H- 16 on
thunk wrote:
>> Funny you should mention this. Four years ago I was "certified" to be
>> not crazy. And how many of you can say that ;) -
> As for not existing, well, wanna bet?? I'm serious, anybody really
> smug and sure enough to take on bet about this stuff??? It exists,
> and it is doing work of a modest sort - but I cannot think why cannot
> do much more.
>
> And that's just 100% the truth.
>
> Thunk

Not to throw dirt in your face but why did you feel you had to be
tested?

And dude, you are talking like you're just here to annoy everyone.

If you're not, then don't drive off topic like you just did. Please?

I gave you a simple solution to showus some code, without compromising
your work.

And many others here have also done that as well, HECK, trevoke even
made a site for you to show us this stuff! And that's not something one
can do in about five minutes!

And I just looked through the site, and I'm still at a loss of why, and
what a ruid is. In plan english... what exactly does it do? And please
do'nt go way off topic. I'm practically begging you.