From: thunk on
On Apr 10, 8:00 pm, H- 16 <s1ay3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> thunk wrote:
> >http://trevoke.net/ruids/index.php?topic=5.0
>
> > Pretty much says it.   It takes a part in a set of like classes
> > (therefore the swarm).  There are multiple Types but the "standard"
> > type makes a few assertions, messages get attached (by the expert) and
> > a conclusion gets reached (5 sections / 5 DSLs)
>
> > The "big secret" to making some basic sense of the conclusions is that
> > each Ruid has basic "categorization" - done into the Header section of
> > the Ruid.
>
> > THEY are simple - so they can be authored using nothing more than a
> > "picklist" driven "expert session" which would be key part of a DEMO
> > system (and must be Web based).   And was done in WEE and tested and
> > so on.
>
> > The SWARM_READER is in charge of making sense of the "Image" made
> > after the Ruids contact "Screens".   Screens are about presenting
> > information (like a patient record) to the Ruid.   The Ru'id "docks"
> > with a "HelperClass" - the HelperClass is something also used by
> > Ruleby (the author is happy to report).
>
> > The "HelperClasses" is where a "Ru'id Programmer must spend his/her
> > effort.
>
> > =================================
>
> Ok, so what's the entire point of the program? What EXACTLY does it do?
> And can you give us even a LITTLE code. If you can't you can't be
> helped.
>
> P.S. If you haven't noticed I'm just about the only one giving you a
> chance right about now. I wouldn't take that kindness for granted. Nuff
> said...

There is some general utility for certain problem types.

Just about "any" report / data processing Could be done in a system
like this but that would make very little sense! However there are
several easy to represent problem types where the system would present
many significant advantages due to the fact that the Ru'id units can
be contributed from "outside" the system (via an expert web session).
The simplest set to recognize, imho, is "the shopping basket" (system)
situation. Ru'ids could tear apart everything and anything in a
shopping basket and make sense of what there is to make sense of (eg
if it is a single computer they could give you a report on peer
systems, tell you your cables are too small, and that you may be
forgetting the CPU heat sink grease.) That was the ORIGINAL idea - 3
years ago.

http://trevoke.net/ruids/index.php?topic=3.0

From: thunk on
On Apr 10, 8:00 pm, H- 16 <s1ay3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> thunk wrote:
> >http://trevoke.net/ruids/index.php?topic=5.0
>
> > Pretty much says it.   It takes a part in a set of like classes
> > (therefore the swarm).  There are multiple Types but the "standard"
> > type makes a few assertions, messages get attached (by the expert) and
> > a conclusion gets reached (5 sections / 5 DSLs)
>
> > The "big secret" to making some basic sense of the conclusions is that
> > each Ruid has basic "categorization" - done into the Header section of
> > the Ruid.
>
> > THEY are simple - so they can be authored using nothing more than a
> > "picklist" driven "expert session" which would be key part of a DEMO
> > system (and must be Web based).   And was done in WEE and tested and
> > so on.
>
> > The SWARM_READER is in charge of making sense of the "Image" made
> > after the Ruids contact "Screens".   Screens are about presenting
> > information (like a patient record) to the Ruid.   The Ru'id "docks"
> > with a "HelperClass" - the HelperClass is something also used by
> > Ruleby (the author is happy to report).
>
> > The "HelperClasses" is where a "Ru'id Programmer must spend his/her
> > effort.
>
> > =================================
>
> Ok, so what's the entire point of the program? What EXACTLY does it do?
> And can you give us even a LITTLE code. If you can't you can't be
> helped.
>
> P.S. If you haven't noticed I'm just about the only one giving you a
> chance right about now. I wouldn't take that kindness for granted. Nuff
> said...

Dear H-16

ahhhh Thunk did not come here asking a specific question. His subject
title was "It's a Bird, it's a Plane, um, ahhh, it's a Boid?" and, I
believe it was a clear question of "what are these things". Well,
nobody has been able to say (I had code up) but thunk thinks it is
clear that since it is not threaded or fibered (and does not need
this) it is something "new", and so was born a new name that did not
any carry AI baggage.

No desire to repeat himself, sorry, but there is a lot of confusion,
it might seem. How can such a simple plug-let class be useful?

BTW are you any relation to H-8 (my very first computer from
Heathkit :) )
From: Robert Dober on
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:55 PM, thunk <gmkoller(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> The Ruid Concept
<snip>
> QUESTION
> =======
>
> Why would this not be an appropriate topic for this board??

But it is! Look how many replies you got!!! People just love to kid
with you (YHS e.g.) or holler at you (some others).
Or would you like to get somehow "more" out of it?
Cheers
Robert

--
Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.”
--- Confucius

From: thunk on

> > Why would this not be an appropriate topic for this board??
>
> But it is! Look how many replies you got!!! People just love to kid
> with you (YHS e.g.) or holler at you (some others).
> Or would you like to get somehow "more" out of it?
> Cheers
> Robert

My buzzword trap has caught a few things; DISTRIBUTED is something I
"know" but didn't have a clue on how to express. The intrinsic (?)
value of these things seem to be that they can be "generated" via a
simple web "session". Where, here "session" means "filling out a
form, basically". Without that word it was steep up-hill but even
with it, not much glimmer of recognition here, seemingly, on what this
could mean.

I concocted a "realistic" (as far as I know) scenario where a life (or
2 or 3) could be saved daily - but the question came up only on
"Games".

The answer is a resounding YES but the open source world continues to
confound me with things like IronRuby OPEN-SOURCE from MicroSoft???
My golly, are they not the Evil Empire? And why was "Matz" (a
genuine HERO, in my book) wearing a Python T-Shirt? at IronRuby.

I am feeling OK with it all given the sandbox to put the situation up
in once somewhat cohesive manner at

http://trevoke.net/ruids/

(nothing for sale, only ideas on how something could happen that makes
sense to everybody (including me) given all the circumstances. Just
putting it up to a gitHub without support, without documentation, and
"to see what happens" just does not seem to make any sense.)

On the other hand - honestly - the more I have learned the more I
think it could be an interesting contribution at the right time.

George

From: Robert Dober on
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 6:15 PM, thunk <gmkoller(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Why would this not be an appropriate topic for this board??
>>
>> But it is! Look how many replies you got!!! People just love to kid
>> with you (YHS e.g.) or holler at you (some others).
>> Or would you like to get somehow "more" out of it?
>> Cheers
>> Robert
>
> My buzzword trap has caught a few things; DISTRIBUTED is something I
> "know" but didn't have a clue on how to express.  The intrinsic (?)
> value of these things seem to be that they can be "generated" via a
> simple web "session".  Where, here "session" means "filling out a
> form, basically".  Without that word it was steep up-hill but even
> with it, not much glimmer of recognition here, seemingly, on what this
> could mean.
>
> I concocted a "realistic" (as far as I know) scenario where a life (or
> 2 or 3) could be saved daily - but the question came up only on
> "Games".
>
> The answer is a resounding YES but the open source world continues to
> confound me with things like IronRuby OPEN-SOURCE from MicroSoft???
> My golly, are they not the Evil Empire?   And why was "Matz" (a
> genuine HERO, in my book) wearing a Python T-Shirt? at IronRuby.
>
> I am feeling OK with it all given the sandbox to put the situation up
> in once somewhat cohesive manner at
>
> http://trevoke.net/ruids/
>
> (nothing for sale, only ideas on how something could happen that makes
> sense to everybody (including me) given all the circumstances.  Just
> putting it up to a gitHub without support, without documentation, and
> "to see what happens" just does not seem to make any sense.)
>
> On the other hand - honestly - the more I have learned the more I
> think it could be an interesting contribution at the right time.

It sure could be, but maybe the fact is that we simply do not
understand what you are talking about? If you are not understood it is
completely useless to repeat over and over again what you are saying,
it might however help to use the language of the people you are
talking too. As you might undoubtedly conclude from my writings I am
one of those poor non native speakers, who have to settle of a very
simple usage of English in order to communicate...
This said I completely understand your frustration about not being
understood ore honored at your true value. As a matter of fact few of
us are and communication problems play a major role in this.

HTH
R.