From: thunk on
The Ruid Concept

Not Spam (no link, no website, no book, no speech, no nothing like
that)

Is Ruby (written 100% in ruby, uses Ruby goodness, uses Ruby dynamic
OO to the max)

Is also CONCEPT – (but is also 100% implemented)

Is this an appropriate Bored for such a thing?

If not please explain and this is last message
If true then please continue

There are 8 parts. Each part not trivial, but bigger than a
breadbox

One part is the Ru'id.

The Ru'id “defines” all the other parts.

(Rather as an aircraft defines an Aircraft Carrier)

The “ru'id” explains much of the HOW

The “Ru'id_Reader” is where the real CONCEPT lives.

So we try talking of the Ruid Reader functions.

There are the simple and obvious (but obviously not obvious) ones:

1.Manage many “ruid casings”
A support “Drill-Down” (3 levels)
B generate reports (or worksheets is better)
2.Project (by way of simple Categorization ) something like a
DashBoard

The above is useful and given that the Ru'ids can be “generated” from
any_where, any_time, any_expert

this is a “closed” system of some interesting potential.

NOW we get could begin to get even more interesting.....
but if we cannot get past this, going forward to “RuidCastings” /
RuidImages by way of statistical means would also be entirely futile.

QUESTION
=======

Why would this not be an appropriate topic for this board??

From: Peter Hickman on

An appropriate topic for this is something that we can discuss that is
related to the use of the Ruby programming language.

As no one has the faintest idea about what you are talking about then there
is nothing that we can discuss.

Other than your attention whoring but that has nothing to do with Ruby
either.

From: Charles Johnson on

On Apr 9, 2010, at 8:55 AM, thunk wrote:

> The Ruid Concept

> [snip]

> QUESTION
> =======
>
> Why would this not be an appropriate topic for this board??

This is appropriate, but you will have to provide a bit of code for
replies to mean anything. If you have a design question, then show the
code that implements the design. If your code has "issues" then show
the snippet that seems to be causing problems.

Cheers--

Charles
--
Charles Johnson
Vanderbilt Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education

From: thunk on
Charles,

100% of the code is on the table to be available to a trusted party.

no fees (maybe expenses) IF the right party! but with ND.

there are real reasons why this should be so. The author sees a
legitimate
reason for some central control or chaos would reign.

another reason is that the author is not interested in working at a
"Ruid Central GitHub"

and there are more reasons!

From: Charles Johnson on
On Apr 9, 2010, at 10:05 AM, Intransition wrote:

> Then you have answered your own question. There is nothing to discuss.

I am under the impression, having actually spoken to the man himself,
that he understands that ruby-talk is code focussed, and that high-
level design discussions without code being exhibited are not likely
to be very helpful here. He is looking for assistance with his
project, but at the moment he is not willing to open source it; he
understands (I think) that someone here might be willing to help, but
that discussions of that should be done elsewhere.

~Charles~