From: H- 16 on
Seebs wrote:
> On 2010-04-10, H- 16 <s1ay3r44(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am curious as to why his IP has not been banned yet. He seems to be
>> just spamming and getting everyone annoyed.
>
> Usenet does not have "IP bans". Under the hood, there is a Usenet
> newsgroup
> here, and anyone and anything can post to that.
>
> -s

Ahh, okay, thanks for the clarifacation.

From: andrew mcelroy on

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 3:40 PM, thunk <gmkoller(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > Andrew McElroy
>

> Was confident enough to announce to this group what he thought this
> was, right?
>
> There is no shame in giving some the benefit of the doubt they have
something up front.

> On his side there were kids needing piano lessons, and a SawsAll. On

What the explicative are you talking about?
I don't have any children.
I do animal rescue and work on try ruby. That's as close as that gets to
what your talking about.

> my side, I was in total awe of his understanding of all this and he
> told me about Python and functions and Google and I made a lot of
> notes in a 15/20 minute conversation which..... made sense to me.

Because python and google (which are off topic here) are real things.
They can be understood. Your boid/ruids are pretty much an ambiguous
religion.
Even time cube is more coherent.
There are no artifacts that can be observed. You might as well be screaming
about
an alien language you learned from light reflections off of titan.

> I was ready to drive to Hendersonville to meet him, as, yes, I rather
> old fashioned about who I trust.
>

> Given the way he is framing things that decision, in retrospect, seems
> like it makes sense. Or?
>
> An ad hominem attack is quiet tempting right now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

The best thing you can do is unsubscribe from this list and get mental help.
Seriously, the symptoms you display are in the DSM-IV-TR.
This is no joke.

From: Seebs on
On 2010-04-10, H- 16 <s1ay3r44(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> thunk wrote:
>> As for not existing, well, wanna bet??

Why would I bet someone who is obviously a cheater, and doesn't understand
how source code works?

Post the project or don't. If you don't, it doesn't exist.

As they say on the internet: Screenshot or it didn't happen.

>> I'm serious, anybody really
>> smug and sure enough to take on bet about this stuff??? It exists,
>> and it is doing work of a modest sort - but I cannot think why cannot
>> do much more.

Possibly because it doesn't really exist, and doesn't really work, because
the person supposedly working on it can't actually complete a simple
declarative sentence in English, and thus presumably *does not know what
it supposedly is*?

> And dude, you are talking like you're just here to annoy everyone.

Ayup.

> And I just looked through the site, and I'm still at a loss of why, and
> what a ruid is. In plan english... what exactly does it do? And please
> do'nt go way off topic. I'm practically begging you.

He can't tell you, because he doesn't have any idea what it does. I
suspect that if we ever do find something, it'll be a PaulaBean labeled
"brillant".

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam(a)seebs.net
From: thunk on
On Apr 10, 4:12 pm, Seebs <usenet-nos...(a)seebs.net> wrote:
> On 2010-04-10, H- 16 <s1ay3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > thunk wrote:
> >> As for not existing, well, wanna bet??
>
> Why would I bet someone who is obviously a cheater, and doesn't understand
> how source code works?
>
> Post the project or don't.  If you don't, it doesn't exist.
>
> As they say on the internet:  Screenshot or it didn't happen.
>
> >> I'm serious, anybody really
> >> smug and sure enough to take on  bet about this stuff???   It exists,
> >> and it is doing work of a modest sort - but I cannot think why cannot
> >> do much more.
>
> Possibly because it doesn't really exist, and doesn't really work, because
> the person supposedly working on it can't actually complete a simple
> declarative sentence in English, and thus presumably *does not know what
> it supposedly is*?
>
> > And dude, you are talking like you're just here to annoy everyone.
>
> Ayup.
>
> > And I just looked through the site, and I'm still at a loss of why, and
> > what a ruid is. In plan english... what exactly does it do? And please
> > do'nt go way off topic. I'm practically begging you.

http://trevoke.net/ruids/index.php?topic=5.0

Pretty much says it. It takes a part in a set of like classes
(therefore the swarm). There are multiple Types but the "standard"
type makes a few assertions, messages get attached (by the expert) and
a conclusion gets reached (5 sections / 5 DSLs)

The "big secret" to making some basic sense of the conclusions is that
each Ruid has basic "categorization" - done into the Header section of
the Ruid.

THEY are simple - so they can be authored using nothing more than a
"picklist" driven "expert session" which would be key part of a DEMO
system (and must be Web based). And was done in WEE and tested and
so on.

The SWARM_READER is in charge of making sense of the "Image" made
after the Ruids contact "Screens". Screens are about presenting
information (like a patient record) to the Ruid. The Ru'id "docks"
with a "HelperClass" - the HelperClass is something also used by
Ruleby (the author is happy to report).

The "HelperClasses" is where a "Ru'id Programmer must spend his/her
effort.

=================================

If you've followed along these terms are somewhat familiar. If not
they may or may not make much sense but if I knew other terms I WOULD
USE THEM. So I have "invented" what makes the very best sense to me -
and adopted when I get clues - for example the term "Boid" is being
carefully avoided. The term "Swarm" fits WAY too well, I am not
giving that one up because the Ruids are executed in "Waves" - a 2nd
wave can use the info deposited by the first Wave and so it goes.

So, Seebs, is this making some sense now, or does this seem like
something from another planet? This medium has limited utility, this
type of thing is best done in conversation and I am sensitive to
glazed looks, and can adjust.
In this medium all I can do is blast my best effort out there and see
the postings to tell me if folks think I'm crazy or not. If I could
not hit f5 and see 200 or so do what they do, well, I guess I'd be
wondering also.....

and that's my run at it, here

Thunk
From: H- 16 on
thunk wrote:
> http://trevoke.net/ruids/index.php?topic=5.0
>
> Pretty much says it. It takes a part in a set of like classes
> (therefore the swarm). There are multiple Types but the "standard"
> type makes a few assertions, messages get attached (by the expert) and
> a conclusion gets reached (5 sections / 5 DSLs)
>
> The "big secret" to making some basic sense of the conclusions is that
> each Ruid has basic "categorization" - done into the Header section of
> the Ruid.
>
> THEY are simple - so they can be authored using nothing more than a
> "picklist" driven "expert session" which would be key part of a DEMO
> system (and must be Web based). And was done in WEE and tested and
> so on.
>
> The SWARM_READER is in charge of making sense of the "Image" made
> after the Ruids contact "Screens". Screens are about presenting
> information (like a patient record) to the Ruid. The Ru'id "docks"
> with a "HelperClass" - the HelperClass is something also used by
> Ruleby (the author is happy to report).
>
> The "HelperClasses" is where a "Ru'id Programmer must spend his/her
> effort.

Ok, so what's the entire point of the program? What EXACTLY does it do?
And can you give us even a LITTLE code. If you can't you can't be
helped.

P.S. If you haven't noticed I'm just about the only one giving you a
chance right about now. I wouldn't take that kindness for granted. Nuff
said...