From: Nervous Nick on
On Jan 16, 2:52 pm, "Frank ess" <fr...(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:
> Bart Bailey wrote:
> > In
> > posted on Sat, 16 Jan 2010 03:37:31 -0800 (PST), Nervous Nick
> > wrote: Begin

> >> Good for you!  It's always important to establish a bit of cryptic
> >> and completely irrelevant context before making a point.
>
> > Not cryptic at all to a San Diego resident
> > quite familiar with the back country.
>
> I must have plonked the sarcastic poster; nice to see s/he's still
> kicking. I get paid by the word. Gotta make a buck somewhere.
>
> The Idea was to get you-all to look at my Mustang photo and ask, "What
> kind of wheels are those?", to which I respond:
>
> "Saleen Parnelli Jones Edition 19x9/10, powder-coated black, Michelin
> Pilot Sport PS2 275-35 tires. Superior in every performance aspect
> except weight and tread wear, which in this case don't matter that
> much. Thanks for asking".

Nice comeback! Cheers.

All the best.

Nicko

From: Robert Coe on
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:06:32 -0800, "Frank ess" <frank(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:
: I did a six-tenths motoring trip up South Grade Road to the S-6/7
: junction, took a pause at 22034 County Highway S-7 to appreciate the
: scenery prior to exciting descent to Lake Henshaw, Dudley's Bakery in
: Santa Ysabel, and the Lake Cuyamaca twisties.
:
: While stopped I made a hundred-fifty or so exposures with my Canon
: EOS-5D through the Canon 24-70 2.8L and 70-200 2.8L IS lenses. Then
: everything went dark. After pushing all of what I thought were
: appropriate buttons with no relief, I took off the lens and the mirror
: fell out on the ground. Uh-oh. Bad news.
:
: Apparently a /lot/ of 5D users have had the same bad news. The good
: news is that Canon acknowledges the problem and will "reinforce" the
: mirror's attachment free of charge. My contact at Canon's Customer
: Support Center was Jennifer. She said I could drop off the camera at
: the Irvine branch - 68 miles away - or they would send me a UPS
: shipping label to put on my carefully-packed box. This kind of
: "adjustment" goes to the head of the line, and will result in a 3- or
: 4-day turnaround.
:
: Apparently an email went out to registered users (thought I /was/ one)
: about six months ago: ...

DMac complained about that nearly two years ago, didn't he? It happened to him
while he was shooting a wedding, and he was livid - claimed he immediately got
rid of all his Canon gear.

Bob
From: Robert Coe on
<nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote:
: On Jan 15, 1:06�pm, "Frank ess" <fr...(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:
: > I did a six-tenths motoring trip up South Grade Road to the S-6/7
: > junction, took a pause at 22034 County Highway S-7 to appreciate
: > the scenery prior to exciting descent to Lake Henshaw, Dudley's
: > Bakery in Santa Ysabel, and the Lake Cuyamaca twisties.
:
: Good for you! It's always important to establish a bit of cryptic
: and completely irrelevant context before making a point.

Jeez, Nick, haven't you ever encountered a Californian before?

Bob
From: GMAN on
In article <0517l5d8ou9qt0kei0bo69kn65079i0fj6(a)4ax.com>, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
>On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 03:37:31 -0800 (PST), Nervous Nick
><nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>: On Jan 15, 1:06�pm, "Frank ess" <fr...(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:
>: > I did a six-tenths motoring trip up South Grade Road to the S-6/7
>: > junction, took a pause at 22034 County Highway S-7 to appreciate
>: > the scenery prior to exciting descent to Lake Henshaw, Dudley's
>: > Bakery in Santa Ysabel, and the Lake Cuyamaca twisties.
>:
>: Good for you! It's always important to establish a bit of cryptic
>: and completely irrelevant context before making a point.
>
>Jeez, Nick, haven't you ever encountered a Californian before?
>
>Bob
Living in Utah I see them all the time, fleeing in droves from california.
From: John McWilliams on
On 1/17/10 PDT 1:26 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:06:32 -0800, "Frank ess"<frank(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote:

> : While stopped I made a hundred-fifty or so exposures with my Canon
> : EOS-5D through the Canon 24-70 2.8L and 70-200 2.8L IS lenses. Then
> : everything went dark. After pushing all of what I thought were
> : appropriate buttons with no relief, I took off the lens and the mirror
> : fell out on the ground. Uh-oh. Bad news.
> :
> : Apparently a /lot/ of 5D users have had the same bad news. The good
> : news is that Canon acknowledges the problem and will "reinforce" the
> : mirror's attachment free of charge. My contact at Canon's Customer
> : Support Center was Jennifer. She said I could drop off the camera at
> : the Irvine branch - 68 miles away - or they would send me a UPS
> : shipping label to put on my carefully-packed box. This kind of
> : "adjustment" goes to the head of the line, and will result in a 3- or
> : 4-day turnaround.
> :
> : Apparently an email went out to registered users (thought I /was/ one)
> : about six months ago: ...
>
> DMac complained about that nearly two years ago, didn't he? It happened to him
> while he was shooting a wedding, and he was livid - claimed he immediately got
> rid of all his Canon gear.

DMac said a lot of things, but I don't recall that one. I do recall,
though, how he complained about failure of an earlier Canon, but on
questioning, it turned out he was using the built in flash, many
hundreds exposures per hour, all in temperatures above the camera's
stated range.....

--
John McWilliams