From: George Kerby on

On 7/31/10 9:21 PM, in article
o8GdnRoVeqeTR8nRnZ2dnUVZ_rOdnZ2d(a)supernews.com, "Larry Thong"
<larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote:

> Well, maybe just a little spotty.
>
> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spots.jpg>

Dang, Rita, that's very nice. Are you sure you did that? LOL!

From: George Kerby on

On 7/31/10 11:50 PM, in article dou956h5f9r0ro571nd3dc1n8fv5f92i6t(a)4ax.com,
"Superzooms Still Win" <ssw(a)noaddress.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:30:23 -0400, "Tim Conway" <tconway_113(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>> "Larry Thong" <larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote in message
>>> Well, maybe just a little spotty.
>>>
>>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Spots.jpg>
>>>
>> Nice shot. Just needs a catchlight in the eyes. ;-)
>
> Blue foliage, red fur, someone sorely needs a camera, monitor, or eyes
> adjusted. Did anyone mention the worthless underexposed composition yet?
> Interesting that the leaves in front are more in focus than the deer. Looks
> like its just as much of a problem with camera and lenses as it is the
> snapshooter.
>
> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4847902759_058421b547_b.jpg>

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........(snore).......zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZz
z...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....zzzzzzzzz.......(p-p-p-ph-h-h-a-a-a-r-r-rt-t-t).......
....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....(yawn)...zzzzzzzzzzz....

From: George Kerby on

On 8/1/10 12:05 AM, in article i32vbk$n2k$1(a)news.eternal-september.org, "Tim
Conway" <tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> "Superzooms Still Win" <ssw(a)noaddress.org> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:30:23 -0400, "Tim Conway" <tconway_113(a)comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> "Larry Thong" <larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote in message

>>> Nice shot. Just needs a catchlight in the eyes. ;-)
>>
>> Blue foliage, red fur, someone sorely needs a camera, monitor, or eyes
>> adjusted. Did anyone mention the worthless underexposed composition yet?
>> Interesting that the leaves in front are more in focus than the deer.
>> Looks
>> like its just as much of a problem with camera and lenses as it is the
>> snapshooter.
>>
>> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4847902759_058421b547_b.jpg>
>
> No. Rita's is better by far. And the leaves aren't blue.

Our troll has many problems - including a monitor phase issue.

From: George Kerby on

On 8/1/10 6:06 AM, in article
j4ednQmCLaDPyMjRnZ2dnUVZ_rOdnZ2d(a)westnet.com.au, "N" <N(a)onyx.com> wrote:

> "Superzooms Still Win" <ssw(a)noaddress.org> wrote in message
>>
>> No, but other varieties, which generally are grayish-green. What does an
>> Australian Eucalypt tree have to do with the severely bad color shifts in
>> this image? There's not one Eucalypt leaf anywhere in that photo. It looks
>> like the numbnutz forgot to take it off of cloudy white-balance or
>> something. Or even worse, left it on auto white-balance which would easily
>> account for the odd colors in this image. The auto white-balance trying to
>> overcompensate for the green light source from the canopy so it removed
>> green from the leaves turning them blue and removed green from the brown
>> of
>> the fur giving it that nasty red magenta cast. If you've not done a lot of
>> photography under a dense foliage canopy you probably don't have one clue
>> about any of these things. There are many many many situations in nature
>> photography where you CANNOT use auto white-balance.
>>
>> But then how would any of you crappy snapshooters know about this when all
>> of you use your cameras in full auto point and shoot mode at all times. If
>> the camera won't do it for you then you think it's supposed to be that way
>> or you just didn't buy a camera that was expensive enough. Idiots, one and
>> all.
>>

> Gawd, have you never processed a RAW file?

Tonto don't know about "RAW", kemosahbee.

From: Superzooms Still Win on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 09:42:51 -0500, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 8/1/10 12:05 AM, in article i32vbk$n2k$1(a)news.eternal-september.org, "Tim
>Conway" <tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> "Superzooms Still Win" <ssw(a)noaddress.org> wrote in message

>>> Blue foliage, red fur, someone sorely needs a camera, monitor, or eyes
>>> adjusted. Did anyone mention the worthless underexposed composition yet?
>>> Interesting that the leaves in front are more in focus than the deer.
>>> Looks
>>> like its just as much of a problem with camera and lenses as it is the
>>> snapshooter.
>>>
>>> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4847902759_058421b547_b.jpg>
>>
>> No. Rita's is better by far. And the leaves aren't blue.
>>
>Our troll has many problems - including a monitor phase issue.

Resident-Troll-Kerby has a brain phase issue. Ask yourself these questions:
"Now why on earth would someone's monitor-display phase problem show up in
a JPG file unless he was photographing his monitor? Or is it that
Troll-Kerby is just so fuckingly stupid and dumb that Troll-Kerby doesn't
realize what a lot of fine vertical lines will look like under high
jpg-compression?"

See if you can answer both of those questions when asked of yourself.