From: Bruce on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 07:06:35 -0500, Superzooms Still Win
<ssw(a)noaddress.org> wrote:
>On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 12:51:22 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 06:41:15 -0500, Superzooms Still Win
>><ssw(a)noaddress.org> wrote:

>>>Using shallow DOF in this shot would totally destroy why it was taken and
>>>why it has to be shot this way in order for it to work.
>>>
>>><http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4849242652_76160e4a2c.jpg>
>>

>>Nice grass. And so sharp!
>>
>>Look how well it hides that inconvenient animal ...
>
>Whoosh! Right over that cavity on your neck.
>
>You don't get out much into the real world. That much is more than clear.

You're right. I don't take an afternoon drive, stop to take a
snapshot of a waterfall from the roadside, then claim it was some work
of art taken after a 14 day trek in the wilderness.

No, I don't do that at all. ;-)

From: Doug McDonald on

>> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4847902759_058421b547_b.jpg>

Why do people post URLs that are "unavailable"?

Doug
From: Superzooms Still Win on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:25:10 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 07:06:35 -0500, Superzooms Still Win
><ssw(a)noaddress.org> wrote:
>>On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 12:51:22 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Nice grass. And so sharp!
>>>
>>>Look how well it hides that inconvenient animal ...
>>
>>Whoosh! Right over that cavity on your neck.
>>
>>You don't get out much into the real world. That much is more than clear.
>

>You're right. I don't take an afternoon drive, stop to take a
>snapshot of a waterfall from the roadside, then claim it was some work
>of art taken after a 14 day trek in the wilderness.
>
>No, I don't do that at all. ;-)

Doesn't matter what you believe. I know I wasn't on any road or in any
vehicle when I shot that photo. But why is it that in all other images of
those falls posted on the net that you can't see the east wall of the falls
but in my photo it is clearly seen and makes the falls look so much better?

Now explain how I drove a car to that peak far above the tree-lines in the
Rockies where it was snowing in August and took that shot overlooking that
valley a mile below. Must have been one helluva jeep, eh? Or how about that
extremely rare plant deep in the swamps, must have been an Amphicar for
that one, right? It's illegal to propagate that plant (they even made a
movie about it), in case you didn't know that, so it can't be found
anywhere near civilization. Or maybe that Mule-deer in the plains grasses
just happened to be lying next to the road because it was hit. How come you
didn't come up with these lies too? They're just as obvious, aren't they?

You fuckingly useless insecure city-boy momma's-boy of a troll. I'm sorry
that your life hasn't been as adventurous and wondrous as mine. And that
you haven't seen and photographed as amazing things as I have all my life.
But that's your own sorry excuse of a life and pathetic fault. Try to not
take out your regret of a life on those who haven't lived as sheltered and
wuss of a life as you have lived. You've made that quite obvious.

From: Superzooms Still Win on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 13:36:35 -0500, Doug McDonald
<mcdonald(a)scs.uiuc.edu.remove.invalid> wrote:

>>> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4847902759_058421b547_b.jpg>
>>>

>Why do people post URLs that are "unavailable"?
>
>Doug

It already served its purpose.

From: Peter on
"Doug McDonald" <mcdonald(a)scs.uiuc.edu.remove.invalid> wrote in message

>>> <http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4847902759_058421b547_b.jpg>
>>>

> Why do people post URLs that are "unavailable"?

Obviously because we are not worthy of getting more than a limited view of
this "great art."
<\end sarcastic tag>

--
Peter