From: Kenneth Tilton on
David Mark wrote:
> On Jul 24, 12:59 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> And Costello was the funny one,
>
> Uh, you laughed *at* him, not with him.

Poppycock. Those bits work precisely because the "stupid" side is
smarter than the "smart" side. Gracie and Allen? Hello? Stick to HTML,
it's a trivially small pond in which to tread water, you have half a prayer.

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: David Mark on
On Jul 24, 1:48 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
> > On Jul 24, 12:59 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> And Costello was the funny one,
>
> > Uh, you laughed *at* him, not with him.
>
> Poppycock. Those bits work precisely because the "stupid" side is
> smarter than the "smart" side. Gracie and Allen? Hello?

That's another act. Say goodnight Kenny!

And if you think Costello's character was the "smart one", you should
try watching some of their bits. The baseball one is a classic, but
I'm reminded of an even better one where he is trying to do basic
arithmetic on a blackboard (with less than successful results that
make sense only to him).

> Stick to HTML,
> it's a trivially small pond in which to tread water, you have half a prayer.

Why do you continually seek to give me advice? That's pretty
laughable considering...
From: Kenneth Tilton on
David Mark wrote:
> On Jul 24, 1:48 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> David Mark wrote:
>>> Uh, you laughed *at* him, not with him.
>> Poppycock. Those bits work precisely because the "stupid" side is
>> smarter than the "smart" side. Gracie and Allen? Hello?
>
> That's another act. Say goodnight Kenny!
>
> And if you think Costello's character was the "smart one", you should
> try watching some of their bits. The baseball one is a classic, but
> I'm reminded of an even better one where he is trying to do basic
> arithmetic on a blackboard (with less than successful results that
> make sense only to him).

Finally you contribute something to this NG! Didn't know that one.
Costello is brilliant, proves 7x13=28 three ways!

>> Stick to HTML,
>> it's a trivially small pond in which to tread water, you have half a prayer.
>
> Why do you continually seek to give me advice? That's pretty
> laughable considering...

Goodnight, Kenny.

kt

From: David Mark on
On Jul 24, 8:25 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
> >> Poppycock. Those bits work precisely because the "stupid" side is
> >> smarter than the "smart" side. Gracie and Allen? Hello?
>
> > That's another act.  Say goodnight Kenny!
>
> > And if you think Costello's character was the "smart one", you should
> > try watching some of their bits.  The baseball one is a classic, but
> > I'm reminded of an even better one where he is trying to do basic
> > arithmetic on a blackboard (with less than successful results that
> > make sense only to him).
>
> Finally you contribute something to this NG! Didn't know that one.
> Costello is brilliant, proves 7x13=28 three ways!

Yes, I thought that was a perfect example. Still think he is the
"smart" one? :)

In this case, he is wasting time trying to "prove" a concept that
exists only in his own head.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: complete page rewriting