From: David Mark on
On Jul 23, 1:43 pm, Alan Gutierrez <a...(a)blogometer.com> wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
> >> I'm new here and I'm already put off by the no libraries auto post. I
> >> can see where it comes from.
> > Um, you might want to review Kenny's portfolio...
>
> Ad Hominem much?

That's not an ad hominem. Reviewing Kenny's recent posts will
disabuse you of your notions about "no libraries" posts.
Honestly! :)
From: David Mark on
On Jul 23, 2:02 pm, SteveYoungGoogle <stephen.jo...(a)googlemail.com>
wrote:
> On Jul 23, 7:28 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 23, 6:49 am, SteveYoungGoogle <stephen.jo...(a)googlemail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > I stopped posting to c.l.j because you invariably snipped my posts and
> > > turned the thread into either rant against jQuery (which, by the way,
> > > I have never used just as I have never used any other framework or
> > > library) or into an advertisement for your latest fad/project.
>
> > Not only is that a blatant fiction; but, of your four posts this year,
> > it appears three were direct responses to me.  Odd for someone who
> > doesn't want to talk to me.  :)
>
> > > I could
> > > give you many examples such as herehttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_thread/thr...
> > > where I begged you not to get involved and let others answer but to no
> > > avail.
>
> > I won't bother to read your regurgitation, but will go way out on a
> > limb and say you didn't know what was good for you.
>
> > > So eventually I stopped posting, as I suspect have so many
> > > others.
>
> > It's interesting that virtually all of your recent posts revolve
> > around me and your "suspicions" about me.
>
> > > For your information I am not a EMCAScript developer,
>
> > That much is clear sir.
>
> > > I am a Microwave
> > > Radio Engineer and several years ago I decided I wanted to learn
> > > EMCAScript in order to provide microwave link planning tools, for
> > > free, on the Web.
>
> > I think you've been standing too close to your radios.  :)
>
> > > The Line of Sight tool is herehttp://members.chello.at/stephen.joung/indexDistanceElevation.htmland
> > > the Link Planning tool is herehttp://members.chello.at/stephen.joung/indexMW_Distance20.html
>
> > How ironic.  An advertisement for your latest product or "fad".
>
> > > But I soon learned that you have a real anger directed at newcomers or
> > > anyone who asks a question that you consider to be simple and rather
> > > than let someone else answer you feel duty bound to insult the
> > > questioner and his question.
>
> > No, that's simply a mirage.
>
> > > I’m afraid this is what has made
> > > EMCAScript newcomers stay away in droves and without fresh blood
> > > c.l.j. has become stale.
>
> > Quite the contrary.  I'm clearly the biggest draw here.  ;)
>
> Yeah like I said stale.

For someone who would ostensibly pay not to talk to me, you sure talk
to me a lot. :)
From: Kenneth Tilton on
David Mark wrote:
> On Jul 23, 10:36 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> SteveYoungGoogle wrote:
>>> I stopped posting to c.l.j because you invariably snipped my posts and
>>> turned the thread into either rant against jQuery (which, by the way,
>>> I have never used just as I have never used any other framework or
>>> library) or into an advertisement for your latest fad/project. I could
>>> give you many examples such as here
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_thread/thr...
>>> where I begged you not to get involved and let others answer but to no
>>> avail. So eventually I stopped posting, as I suspect have so many
>>> others.
>> Why didn't you use a killfile entry? That's what I do since I know that
>> I lack the will power to ignore the ding dongs. Works well.
>
> You are clearly fibbing Kenny. You Spam this group with your algebra
> tutorial disasters...

You forgot, I was talking about this:

http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/

It was one of The Haters who jumped on an otherwise unhyped link in my
sig and did me the favor of giving me an excuse to spam this group about
the terrible act of helping kids learn Algebra.

> ...and when I note their general awfulness (despite my
> numerous attempts to help you avoid such results), your replies come
> fast and furious.
>
> Or perhaps your killfile is on the fritz?

Or perhaps I did not put you in my killfile? You're OK, you have
redeeming social value. Your groupies failed that test.

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: David Mark on
On Jul 23, 2:19 pm, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
> >> Why didn't you use a killfile entry? That's what I do since I know that
> >> I lack the will power to ignore the ding dongs. Works well.
>
> > You are clearly fibbing Kenny.  You Spam this group with your algebra
> > tutorial disasters...
>
> You forgot, I was talking about this:
>
>    http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/

How could I forget? You've been trumpeting that mess in here for
weeks.

> It was one of The Haters who jumped on an otherwise unhyped link in my
> sig and did me the favor of giving me an excuse to spam

Spam and ye shall receive. Just please refrain from whining about it
endlessly.

> this group about
> the terrible act of helping kids learn Algebra.

It's not that terrible.

> > ...and when I note their general awfulness (despite my
> > numerous attempts to help you avoid such results), your replies come
> > fast and furious.
>
> > Or perhaps your killfile is on the fritz?
>
> Or perhaps I did not put you in my killfile?

See Kenny flop.

> You're OK, you have
> redeeming social value.

I'm not an art form, Kenny.

> Your groupies failed that test.

Characterizing anyone in this group that agrees with my point of view
(or criticizes your demos) as a "groupie" or "Hater" has no redeeming
value. You come off as a vengeful simpleton.
From: Garrett Smith on
On 2010-07-23 10:28 AM, David Mark wrote:
> On Jul 23, 6:49 am, SteveYoungGoogle<stephen.jo...(a)googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Jul 23, 11:02 am, David Mark<dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> Quite the contrary. I'm clearly the biggest draw here. ;)

You're your own advocate.
--
Garrett
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last