From: David Mark on
On Jul 23, 6:49 am, SteveYoungGoogle <stephen.jo...(a)googlemail.com>
wrote:
> On Jul 23, 11:02 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 23, 3:33 am, SteveYoungGoogle <stephen.jo...(a)googlemail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Personally, I would be happy to pay you not to answer my posts.
>
> > What posts would those be?  In any event, it's on the house.  :)
>
> I stopped posting to c.l.j because you invariably snipped my posts and
> turned the thread into either rant against jQuery (which, by the way,
> I have never used just as I have never used any other framework or
> library) or into an advertisement for your latest fad/project.

Not only is that a blatant fiction; but, of your four posts this year,
it appears three were direct responses to me. Odd for someone who
doesn't want to talk to me. :)

> I could
> give you many examples such as herehttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_thread/thr...
> where I begged you not to get involved and let others answer but to no
> avail.

I won't bother to read your regurgitation, but will go way out on a
limb and say you didn't know what was good for you.

> So eventually I stopped posting, as I suspect have so many
> others.

It's interesting that virtually all of your recent posts revolve
around me and your "suspicions" about me.

> For your information I am not a EMCAScript developer,

That much is clear sir.

> I am a Microwave
> Radio Engineer and several years ago I decided I wanted to learn
> EMCAScript in order to provide microwave link planning tools, for
> free, on the Web.

I think you've been standing too close to your radios. :)

> The Line of Sight tool is herehttp://members.chello.at/stephen.joung/indexDistanceElevation.htmland
> the Link Planning tool is herehttp://members.chello.at/stephen.joung/indexMW_Distance20.html

How ironic. An advertisement for your latest product or "fad".

> But I soon learned that you have a real anger directed at newcomers or
> anyone who asks a question that you consider to be simple and rather
> than let someone else answer you feel duty bound to insult the
> questioner and his question.

No, that's simply a mirage.

> I’m afraid this is what has made
> EMCAScript newcomers stay away in droves and without fresh blood
> c.l.j. has become stale.

Quite the contrary. I'm clearly the biggest draw here. ;)

> In my opinion it’s mainly down to you and
> this is why I sometimes cannot stop myself from knocking you off the
> pedestal you have put yourself on.

You are like a feather trying to topple a mountain.
From: David Mark on
On Jul 23, 10:36 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> SteveYoungGoogle wrote:
> > On Jul 23, 11:02 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >> What posts would those be?  In any event, it's on the house.  :)
>
> > I stopped posting to c.l.j because you invariably snipped my posts and
> > turned the thread into either rant against jQuery (which, by the way,
> > I have never used just as I have never used any other framework or
> > library) or into an advertisement for your latest fad/project. I could
> > give you many examples such as here
> >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_thread/thr...
> > where I begged you not to get involved and let others answer but to no
> > avail. So eventually I stopped posting, as I suspect have so many
> > others.
>
> Why didn't you use a killfile entry? That's what I do since I know that
> I lack the will power to ignore the ding dongs. Works well.

You are clearly fibbing Kenny. You Spam this group with your algebra
tutorial disasters and when I note their general awfulness (despite my
numerous attempts to help you avoid such results), your replies come
fast and furious.

Or perhaps your killfile is on the fritz?
From: David Mark on
On Jul 23, 10:51 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 12:49 pm, SteveYoungGoogle <stephen.jo...(a)googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I stopped posting to c.l.j because you invariably snipped my posts and
> > turned the thread into either rant against jQuery (which, by the way,
> > I have never used just as I have never used any other framework or
> > library) or into an advertisement for your latest fad/project. I could
> > give you many examples such as herehttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_thread/thr...
> > where I begged you not to get involved and let others answer but to no
> > avail. So eventually I stopped posting, as I suspect have so many
> > others.
>
> > (...)
>
> > But I soon learned that you have a real anger directed at newcomers or
> > anyone who asks a question that you consider to be simple and rather
> > than let someone else answer you feel duty bound to insult the
> > questioner and his question. I’m afraid this is what has made
> > EMCAScript newcomers stay away in droves and without fresh blood
> > c.l.j. has become stale.
>
> I couldn't agree any more.

Work on it. :)
From: David Mark on
On Jul 23, 12:40 pm, SteveYoungGoogle <stephen.jo...(a)googlemail.com>
wrote:
> :s/EMCAScript/ECMAScript

It's fun to program with... E-M-C-A. It's fun to program with... :)
From: David Mark on
On Jul 23, 1:02 pm, Alan Gutierrez <a...(a)blogometer.com> wrote:
> Kenneth Tilton wrote:
> > SteveYoungGoogle wrote:

> >> I stopped posting to c.l.j because you invariably snipped my posts and
> >> turned the thread into either rant against jQuery (which, by the way,
> >> I have never used just as I have never used any other framework or
> >> library) or into an advertisement for your latest fad/project. I could
> >> give you many examples such as here
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_thread/thr....
>
> >> where I begged you not to get involved and let others answer but to no
> >> avail. So eventually I stopped posting, as I suspect have so many
> >> others.
>
> > Why didn't you use a killfile entry? That's what I do since I know that
> > I lack the will power to ignore the ding dongs. Works well.
>
> > I agree, however, that this group is a wasteland compared to other
> > groups where one can usually get help in spite of the ever-present ding
> > dongs in any group, and that it may well be because of the pack of
> > hyenas led by Mr. Mark.
>
> I'm new here and I'm already put off by the no libraries auto post. I
> can see where it comes from.

Um, you might want to review Kenny's portfolio... ;)

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: complete page rewriting
Next: td inner border