From: Nobody on
"Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)usinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Helmut Meukel" <NoSpam(a)NoProvider.de> wrote
>
>> > It doesn't shut down until Form_Unload is finished executing. If there
>> > is code
>> > there that waits for something and calls DoEvents, Timer events will
>> > still
>> > fire, however, they don't fire if not calling DoEvents.
>>

>> But this is beyond the point.
>> It was suggested that running timers would prevent an app from finishing
>> execution.
>> If I don't care about what's done in the timer event during execution
>> of my Form_Unload code, then it's not necessary to disable the Timer.
>
> Here is some code that will hang (not unload properly) in VB5 due to timer
> issues.
> Does it exit OK in VB6???

No. I tested it in the IDE with VB6+SP5 with SP6 runtimes. I waited till AA
got to 980, which took about 5 minutes, then clicked X. CPU usage stayed
high for few seconds then dropped to 0(loop ended). I waited an extra
minute, but the program didn't end, then I hit the break button in the IDE
and nothing was highlighted. So it's the same as VB5.

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:

>Educate yourself. Google. Why do you expect the rest of us to repeat answers that are already out there, many of those which have come from archives of this exact ng? Don't be so fvcking lazy dude.

Because Google has become such a PITA to navigate. If you know how
to use Google Groups properly then it's easy to focus on just the MS
NNTP VB newsgroups. But if you don't know how then there are many,
useless and duped answers.

Google is evil when it comes to newsgroups/forums.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"AR88 Enthusiast" <nospam(a)here.com> wrote:

>>>Educate yourself.
>>
>> Bit rude! My old mum used to say, if you can't say anything nice,
>> don't say anything!

>Agreed. And your thinly veiled foul language is not clever either. Sign of a
>poor vocabulary.

What thinly veiled foul language?

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: C. Kevin Provance on
"Helmut Meukel" <NoSpam(a)NoProvider.de> wrote in message news:eA7jD9c1KHA.6104(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: Karl,
: you are right.

You had doubt? <g>
From: MM on
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 20:38:18 -0600, "Tony Toews [MVP]"
<ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:
>
>>Educate yourself. Google. Why do you expect the rest of us to repeat answers that are already out there, many of those which have come from archives of this exact ng? Don't be so fvcking lazy dude.
>
>Because Google has become such a PITA to navigate. If you know how
>to use Google Groups properly then it's easy to focus on just the MS
>NNTP VB newsgroups. But if you don't know how then there are many,
>useless and duped answers.
>
>Google is evil when it comes to newsgroups/forums.

Google is evil, period. The way it stores all our search phrases for
up to two years, the way it invades our streets with its silly
roof-mounted cameras, the way it pretends it can offer an "operating
system", and in many other ways. Google is the new Microsoft that
everybody loves to hate.

MM
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: Convert UTF-16 Unicode to UTF-8 Unicode?
Next: API-Guide