From: C. Kevin Provance on
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=vb6+end+statement+-.net&btnG=Search&sitesearch=groups.google.com

Duh!

See how hard that was?
From: C. Kevin Provance on
Yeah, you must be a cranky old guy who is long retired and thinks the world owes him something. I don't get along well with those leeches.

--
2025
If you do not believe in time travel,

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43606237254
"AR88 Enthusiast" <nospam(a)here.com> wrote in message news:4bb7ec35$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au...
:
: "Helmut Meukel" <NoSpam(a)NoProvider.de> wrote in message
:
: ...SNIP
:
: > During this work I found they had ignored my warning, instead they had
: > added
: > the End statement to the other versions, too.
: > I called one of the bosses and tried to convince him to let me search the
: > cause
: > of the glitch and really fix it.
: > I got the answer: "We couldn't find the source of the glitch and the End
: > worked
: > just fine, so let it there, we don't intend to spend more money on this!"
: >
: > Two years ago the knitting company went out of business, the machines and
: > the NT4-boxes were sold to Italy. I never heard anything about it, the
: > program
: > with the End statement will probably still run there.
: >
: > Helmut.
:
: Annoying isn't it? Slightly off-topic so I hope all except KP will forgive
: me, back in the old days of (gasp) interpreter BASIC and QuickBasic, I wrote
: a routine that checked book numbers under the ISBN scheme, which includes
: check digit algorithms. The program started crashing and I found that staff
: at the publishers were inventing their own ISBNS for certain products and
: completely ignoring the check (hash) digits. I told them what was going on
: and instead of allocating proper codes they instructed me to remove the ISBN
: checking code. I did so and subtituted a warning that said 'ISBN code
: checking removed at request of Managment'.
:
: In a simpler case, I pointed out to the staff at another client that writing
: on flopies (remember them?) with a ballpoint was disastrous. Of course they
: entirely inored that. Came the day they needed to recover and...
:
:
From: AR88 Enthusiast on
YMBJOC!

Don't be frightened Kevin. I won't hurt you. By the way, the word you are
using is 'you're' (it's short for 'you are') and not 'your'.

Having Googled, which you seem to recommend, I think I now understand you.
But in case the references to you were from some malicious person, I
searched though your postings on here. All except one were concentrated on
flaming someone. Sigh! So be it. I know now who to avoid and who to
discount on my newbies's journey through cyberspace! Though how you ended
up on *this* newsgroup, with its otherwise sensible discussion about the
great VB6 language, beats me!

There are many helpful people on Usenet, including on here. So your claim
that you now who I am talking about it vacuous nonsense. Most of them use
identities other than their own.

To finish on a positive note, I agree with your sentiments about Micro$soft
and VB6. So we can't be collectively *all* bad, can we?

"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote in message

"AR88 Enthusiast" <nospam(a)here.com> wrote in message
:

TL;DR

Since it's clear you're a Usenet newbie, why not Google some articles on
what to do and not to do. I use my name, but not my email. I don't get
spammed. What's your excuse? If it's anything along the lines of "I don't
want people to know who I am", then your a coward. If you want to debate
me, then do it like a man, otherwise shove off, because I just can't take
you seriously.

Otherwise, I don't think you understand what your talking about. As for
"helpful" anonymous users, I know who you're referring to...and while he
might be helpful, the fact that he needs to hide his identity costs him some
respect with certain individuals - besides myself - who think the whole
anonymous handle thing is...well, stupid. I have no respect for those who
won't use some form of their name...and if they could care less about what I
think of them, then so be it.

And as for my language; as a fellow colleague of mine would say, "bite me."

From: AR88 Enthusiast on

"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote in message

"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Try wasting your negative energy, instead use your energy on something
: positive and constructive. You will find it much more rewarding than
: blackening your soul.
:

Try looking up your own answers before asking someone else to do it for you.
Lazy bum.

I don't have a soul. That's religious mumbo jumbo most sheeple need to feel
like they have some purpose in life. You're soul is actually nothing more
than electricity and matter, and when you die, it's all over.

Sleep well.

Surprisingly, agree with you on that too! But on our one journey through
life, surely it behoves us to be pleasant to others?

From: AR88 Enthusiast on
Can't reply to that one because your drift is incomprehensible! So you win
this time!

[...]

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: Convert UTF-16 Unicode to UTF-8 Unicode?
Next: API-Guide