From: C. Kevin Provance on

"AR88 Enthusiast" <nospam(a)here.com> wrote in message news:4bb7252d$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au...
: Agreed. And your thinly veiled foul language is not clever either. Sign of a
: poor vocabulary.

It's called circumventing the spam filter, numbwit. That said, any coward who uses a stupid handle and not their real identity is one click up from a troll. No one will take you seriously, expect the other anonymous dimwits.
From: C. Kevin Provance on

"MM" <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:j9qdr5t2q3k95nq7pt29ougqbro0acf63r(a)4ax.com...
:
: Bit rude! My old mum used to say, if you can't say anything nice,
: don't say anything!

Actually, it's a lot rude...and I don't care. I'm maybe like one of three people here who will call out this kind of stupidity and laziness, who will say what I'm sure lots of other folks think, but don't want to be the butt of replies such as yours. If you don't like what I have to say, then killfile me. I don't care.

The whole idea of a forum such as this is folks *helping* folks. Not folks who don't want to take the time to do their own research, stroll on in and expect someone else to do it for them. It's gotten to be a real issue as of late, and it's the same chowderheads repeat offending. Seriously, how hard is it to Google terms like VB6, End and opinion? Huh? Why, I just did it and behold, TONS of information. Is it really so hard for someone to take the initiative and do a litle work for themselves? Have folks gotten so lazy and selfish that they expect someone else to do the research, and/or type up the same answer they've probably already given multiple times in the past?

If you want to put the 'rude' label on someone, put it on the lazy boneheads who post questions when the answers are already out there, expecting someone else to hand walk them through the entire process. That, good sir, is rude as well.
From: Bee on
Try wasting your negative energy, instead use your energy on something
positive and constructive. You will find it much more rewarding than
blackening your soul.

From: Bee on
Thank you for your expertise.
This is why I come to this newsgroup rather that picking up bits and pieces
that I usually find on the internet via giggle. that is what I do when I read
most posts there since they are most often written by folks who do not know
one end of a pencil from the other.
Thanks again!

From: Bee on
So I gather I need to do two loops.

Loop on all timers and .Enable=False
Loop on all forms and Unload.
The unload the main form.

Seems reasonable.

"Bee" wrote:

> Down in the bowels of my VB6 app I need to ask the user to do something or
> "die".
> That is the way it is and I cannot change this structure.
> I have seen applications that use >>> End <<<.
> And I have seen many comments about NOT using End.
> So
> (1) what exactly does End do that is so bad?
> (2) seen Stop too.
> (3) how can I exit the app politely but immediately?
>
> How about calling a sub in a module that calls _unload in the main form?
>
> However, there may be flags set that the main form is supposed to process so
> I would have to clear all of those and not do that processing.
>
> Educate me.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: Convert UTF-16 Unicode to UTF-8 Unicode?
Next: API-Guide