From: Rod Speed on
Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind
Cerberus <styx.sentinel.PAY(a)FERRYMAN.gmail.com>
desperately attempted to bullshit its way out of its
predicament and fooled absolutely no one at all, as always.

From: Whatcher? on

"Cerberus" <styx.sentinel.PAY(a)FERRYMAN.gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The Old Bloke <le0pard32(a)gmail.com> wrote
>>
>>> I have always had a problem with TI in the clone mode. The clone
>>> always seems to run OK but the cloned HD will not boot.
>>
>>> So yesterday I tried it again. All the C: files transferred. The
>>> boot.ini looks OK but when I try to boot from the cloned HD I get
>>> the message "Error loading operating system"
>>
>> The boot.ini is only a very minor component of the rather complex
>> NT/2K/XP boot process, essentially just some config data that
>> ntldr uses to decide what to offer the user menu wise etc.
>
> boot.ini is far from a minor component Rod, and it does far more than
> provide basic data for a boot menu.

Delete boot.ini from a working normal XPSP2. Machine still works.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Need help to ID Motherboard
Next: How to save a utube video