From: LewB on
"I suspect I mentioned that removal tool at some point"

You did. It was in a list along with a number of other links that I simply
overlooked and screwed up in my haste to get to MSE assuming Add/Remove would
take care of everything. So what good is Add/Remove? Some of the apps come
with an uninstall file, many do not and Add/Remove is the only option. The
link you sent
(http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/bf757e6a-e320-4a67-92bc-767e6acb26c4)
has many sections but none discuss what I just did and how, if at all, MSE
might be effected?

--
LJB

From: LewB on
There are a number of AV programs out there, some free, some for purchase.
Is there any proscription to trying several on the same computer? That is,
is there a conflict that could develop in the same way that having two AV
programs on the same computer is a no-no.
LJB
--
LJB

From: LewB on
"There are a number of AV programs out there, some free, some for purchase.
Is there any proscription to trying several on the same computer? That is,
is there a conflict that could develop in the same way that having two AV
programs on the same computer is a no-no. "

Sorry about the typo. I meant there are a number of backup programs out
there.......
LJB

--
LJB

From: Daave on
I see no problem as long as they are not all running at the same time.
(Same with AV programs, BTW...)

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Must've been thinking of
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/407bf6da-c05d-4546-8788-0aa4c25a1f91

If you have more questions about MSE, post here:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse