From: JWald on
I am being offered a pair of Peavey DTH Concert Sub II's for weekend warrior
cover band use.
http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80300188.pdf
I thought I would power them with my QSC PLX 3402. However, upon closer
examination, I find that the input on the subs calls for a 4 conductor
connection of 1+ 1- 2+ 2-. Only one output of the 3402 has that capability.
The other is 1+1-. Not wanting to buy another 3402, I decided I can use my
pair of QSC 2450's for the subs as they have the same output configuration.
With the output of the 2450's being only 750w @ 4 ohms, will I seriously
underpower my subs and put my amps in jeopardy? Thanks.
--
J Wald

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "

From: liquidator on

"JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
>I am being offered a pair of Peavey DTH Concert Sub II's for weekend
>warrior cover band use.
> http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80300188.pdf
> I thought I would power them with my QSC PLX 3402. However, upon closer
> examination, I find that the input on the subs calls for a 4 conductor
> connection of 1+ 1- 2+ 2-. Only one output of the 3402 has that
> capability. The other is 1+1-. Not wanting to buy another 3402, I decided
> I can use my pair of QSC 2450's for the subs as they have the same output
> configuration. With the output of the 2450's being only 750w @ 4 ohms,
> will I seriously underpower my subs and put my amps in jeopardy? Thanks.
> --
> J Wald
>
> "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "

I'm sorry, we are not communicating somehow.

Your Peavey subs are 700 watts each.

wired parallel would be a 4 ohm load.

Each channel of the PLX is 1100 at 4. So how is 1100 underpowering a 700
watt speaker? In fact the only way you could underpower your speakers with
the PLX is to turn it all the way down.

I think you confusion comes from not understanding wiring.

The reason there are seperate connections to each speaker is you can run a
channel to each bass driver if you want. Not necessary though.

All you need is a cable wired for the PLX on one end.

The other end would wered in parallel to connect both woofs..ie 1 and 3
together. 2 and 4 together. You could run 4 condictor cable and ties them
together at the amp if you want.

This isn't really complicated, you are worrying and making it so.

From: Arkansan Raider on
JWald wrote:
> I am being offered a pair of Peavey DTH Concert Sub II's for weekend warrior
> cover band use.
> http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80300188.pdf
> I thought I would power them with my QSC PLX 3402. However, upon closer
> examination, I find that the input on the subs calls for a 4 conductor
> connection of 1+ 1- 2+ 2-. Only one output of the 3402 has that capability.
> The other is 1+1-. Not wanting to buy another 3402, I decided I can use my
> pair of QSC 2450's for the subs as they have the same output configuration.
> With the output of the 2450's being only 750w @ 4 ohms, will I seriously
> underpower my subs and put my amps in jeopardy? Thanks.

JWald, your sig is crackin' me up.

Just sayin'...

---Jeff
From: JWald on
Why.....thank you very much.

From: JWald on
"liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message

> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
>>I am being offered a pair of Peavey DTH Concert Sub II's for weekend
>>warrior cover band use.
>> http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80300188.pdf
>> I thought I would power them with my QSC PLX 3402. However, upon closer
>> examination, I find that the input on the subs calls for a 4 conductor
>> connection of 1+ 1- 2+ 2-. Only one output of the 3402 has that
>> capability. The other is 1+1-. Not wanting to buy another 3402, I decided
>> I can use my pair of QSC 2450's for the subs as they have the same output
>> configuration. With the output of the 2450's being only 750w @ 4 ohms,
>> will I seriously underpower my subs and put my amps in jeopardy? Thanks.
>> --
>> J Wald
>>
>> "You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "
>>

> I'm sorry, we are not communicating somehow.
>
> Your Peavey subs are 700 watts each.
>
> wired parallel would be a 4 ohm load.
>
> Each channel of the PLX is 1100 at 4. So how is 1100 underpowering a 700
> watt speaker? In fact the only way you could underpower your speakers with
> the PLX is to turn it all the way down.
>
> I think you confusion comes from not understanding wiring.
>
> The reason there are seperate connections to each speaker is you can run a
> channel to each bass driver if you want. Not necessary though.
>
> All you need is a cable wired for the PLX on one end.
>
> The other end would wered in parallel to connect both woofs..ie 1 and 3
> together. 2 and 4 together. You could run 4 condictor cable and ties them
> together at the amp if you want.
>
> This isn't really complicated, you are worrying and making it so.

I think that we are agreeing. I stated that to make one sub work correctly I
need a 4 conductor cable between the PLX output and 1 sub. My trouble comes
from the fact that I only have 1 PLX, and therefore cannot run a second sub.
I decided to run both subs with a couple of RMX 2450's at 750w @4ohms. That
would be 1 amp per sub. Am I completely misunderstanding this? Thanks.