From: 000545 on
On Dec 15, 4:27 pm, Fasrind <Fasr...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I had the same problem, finally got it installed by uninstalling Comodo
> Personal Firewall. I don't know how many of you are using 3rd party
> firewalls, maybe try uninstalling them to see what happens??
>
> Jon

Fasrind [Jon],
You were 100% correct. I uninstalled Comodo and the update downloaded
successfully. Thanks a bunch. Seems that M$ might only like its own
software - typical of them.
From: Rol on
Does this problem have anything to do with this firewall? Do you recommend
uninstalling Comodo firewall (which is a bit of a pain due to the fact that
this firewall "learns" your system and this takes a while)?
--
Thank you

From: Omega X on
Rol wrote:
> Does this problem have anything to do with this firewall? Do you recommend
> uninstalling Comodo firewall (which is a bit of a pain due to the fact that
> this firewall "learns" your system and this takes a while)?

I've confirmed it. COMODO 3 is blocking the install.

The firewall is somehow blocking the install of the update. My guess
would be the background process. Even if you disable or close the
Firewall, its still running and there is no way to kill it other than
uninstalling the software first.

Someone will have to report this to the COMODO people.
From: 000545 on
On Dec 15, 6:58 pm, Rol <R...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Does this problem have anything to do with this firewall? Do you recommend
> uninstalling Comodo firewall (which is a bit of a pain due to the fact that
> this firewall "learns" your system and this takes a while)?
> --
> Thank you
>

> "000...(a)optonline.net" wrote:
> > On Dec 15, 4:27 pm, Fasrind <Fasr...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > I had the same problem, finally got it installed by uninstalling Comodo
> > > Personal Firewall. I don't know how many of you are using 3rd party
> > > firewalls, maybe try uninstalling them to see what happens??
>
> > > Jon
>
> > Fasrind [Jon],
> > You were 100% correct. I uninstalled Comodo and the update downloaded
> > successfully. Thanks a bunch. Seems that M$ might only like its own
> > software - typical of them.- Hide quoted text -

I can't say that this particular firewall is the only one with this
problem but I do know that after uninstalling it through the control
panel I was able to install the update. This problem may be with all
third-party firewalls. I didn't reinstall Comodo [use Vista own
firewall which I understand is OK].
From: wlwallick on
On 12/15/2007 4:26:58 PM, Fasrind wrote:

> I had the same problem, finally got it installed by uninstalling
Comodo
> Personal Firewall. I don't know how many of you are using
3rd party
> firewalls, maybe try uninstalling them to see what happens??
>
> Jon

Now isn't this a hoot. I'm using COMODO ver. 3 also.

My question is which do I want, the update or Comodo?

WLW
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: AU not installing