From: antioch on

"Omega X" <Ask.me(a)for.it> wrote in message
> Rol wrote:
>> Does this problem have anything to do with this firewall? Do you
>> recommend uninstalling Comodo firewall (which is a bit of a pain due to
>> the fact that this firewall "learns" your system and this takes a while)?
>

> I've confirmed it. COMODO 3 is blocking the install.
>
> The firewall is somehow blocking the install of the update. My guess would
> be the background process. Even if you disable or close the Firewall, its
> still running and there is no way to kill it other than uninstalling the
> software first.
>
> Someone will have to report this to the COMODO people.

To All
It is a general advice that it can help if all AV/Firewall/Antispyware etc
are disabled, and progs running in the background, after disconnecting from
the net, of course.
Enable before connecting back onto the net.

Antioch

From: matthew steward on
Hi,
Did you reisntall Comodo 3 Firewall after? How is it going?
<000545(a)optonline.net> a �crit dans le message de
> On Dec 15, 4:27 pm, Fasrind <Fasr...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I had the same problem, finally got it installed by uninstalling Comodo
>> Personal Firewall. I don't know how many of you are using 3rd party
>> firewalls, maybe try uninstalling them to see what happens??
>>
>> Jon
>
> Fasrind [Jon],
> You were 100% correct. I uninstalled Comodo and the update downloaded
> successfully. Thanks a bunch. Seems that M$ might only like its own
> software - typical of them.
>

> ---
> Antivirus avast! : message Entrant sain.
> Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 071216-0, 2007-12-16
> Analyse le : 2007-12-16 12:51:17

---
Antivirus avast! : message Sortant sain.
Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 071216-0, 2007-12-16
Analyse le : 2007-12-16 12:52:36

From: 000545 on
On Dec 16, 12:52 pm, "matthew steward" <m...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Did you reisntall Comodo 3 Firewall after? How is it going?
> <000...(a)optonline.net> a écrit dans le message denews:d2fbb7f5-f7ff-4aaa-897d-31006277bd01(a)p69g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
>

> > On Dec 15, 4:27 pm, Fasrind <Fasr...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> I had the same problem, finally got it installed by uninstalling Comodo
> >> Personal Firewall. I don't know how many of you are using 3rd party
> >> firewalls, maybe try uninstalling them to see what happens??
>
> >> Jon
>
> > Fasrind [Jon],
> > You were 100% correct. I uninstalled Comodo and the update downloaded
> > successfully. Thanks a bunch. Seems that M$ might only like its own
> > software - typical of them.
>
> > ---
> > Antivirus avast! : message Entrant sain.
> > Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 071216-0, 2007-12-16
> > Analyse le : 2007-12-16 12:51:17
> > avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.
>
> ---
> Antivirus avast! : message Sortant sain.
> Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 071216-0, 2007-12-16
> Analyse le : 2007-12-16 12:52:36
> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com- Hide quoted text -

No! I did not reinstall COMODO after uninstalling it. I am using
Vista's own firewall [I made sure that I turned it on again]
which I understand from other forums is just fine. I hope someone out
there contacted COMODO and told them how their software is blocking
update downloads in Vista.
From: Rol on
This is indeed the solution. I uninstalled Comodo firewall and the update was
installed. It's a bit frustrating that this is the solution, but I guess
there is no other option. Thank you for your help.
--
Thank you

From: Fad on
I also have Comodo Firewall installed. I was thinking that this might have
something to do with the update failure but seeing all the threads here I'm
not sure anymore.
I'm trying to avoid unistalling the firewall as it is there due to company
policy.

I am using Vista Business and did try the Office Source Engine service
manipulation as suggested but failed to fix the issue!

"matthew steward" wrote:

> I have Vista Home Edition, with Comodo Firewall 3 and Spywareterminator
> Resident protection. I have the same problem too. I tried to install
> manually too with no success. I have Microsoft Office 2002 XP and their
> telling me about Microsoft Office 2003... I don't understand. Waiting for
> the Microsoft team to correct their error here as soon as they can. For now,
> I've masked this update in Windows Update.
> "martin_l_77084" <martinl77084(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
> message de news:B259D7C8-725E-43CD-9CF0-D5CABFE70400(a)microsoft.com...
> >I have the same problem.

> >> I have the same problem, also tried several times & downloaded manually -
> >> however, I do have Office Home & Student 2007 installed. I tried the
> >> directions in the help file, but still no luck.
> >

> > ---
> > Antivirus avast! : message Entrant sain.
> > Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 071214-0, 2007-12-14
> > Analyse le : 2007-12-14 14:47:28
> > avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.
> >

> ---
> Antivirus avast! : message Sortant sain.
> Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 071214-0, 2007-12-14
> Analyse le : 2007-12-14 14:52:30

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: AU not installing