From: threademporium on
I tried a new simple one element upload form - it did prompt for the _private
folder - form_text.csv file - however my website asked moe for a user name
and password in order to submit the form - my customers cannot know this
information - so how can i authorise my site to accept information from
strangers?

Joyce

From: Ronx on
The _private folder should allow the results file to be updated by the extensions without prompting for a username/password. However, the destination folder for file uploads is another matter.
The upload destination folder can be set to allow anonymous uploads by the following procedure:

Open the website in FrontPage - this is the site on the server, not on your PC.
Right click the upload destination folder and choose Properties
Clear the checkbox "Allow scripts to be run"
Tick the checkbox "Allow anonymous uploads to this directory"
Optionally, tick the chaeckbox "Allow uploaded files to overwrite existing filenames"
Click OK
If the last two check boxes above are unavailable after clearing the first your host either does not allow anonymous uploads, or will have to set the permissions theirselves.

My testing indicates that, on a Windows server, email and file uploads can be used together without any problems.
Multiple upload fields also can be used. The file data is stored in the text file used for the form in the _private folder, and included in theemail - though the images themselves are only stored on the server.

Whether the file upload component works on a Unix (or Linux) server I do not know - server extensions for Unix were discontinued 5 years ago, though some hosts still support them.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

threademporium used his keyboard to write :