From: threademporium on
FP 2003 / win xp /
URL of form is : http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm

Just set up a form and am trying to get it to work - got the following error
message...
Form Validation Error

Please correct the information you provided by following these steps, then
submit the information again:

* A FrontPage File Upload component is incorrectly configured. Please
set the MIME encoding type for the form to be multipart/form-data.

Return to the form.

I do not usually have problem spublishing - server does have frontpagr
extensions - i have tried to look in the HTML code for the mime heading in
order to make the change but cannot find it - could you send me in the right
directionin order to try and fix this?
Thank you for taking a look at my question.
Joyce
From: Ronx on
In FrontPage code view, the form should be similar to:

<form method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">

The FileUpload webbot should also include the folder (S-Destination) the upload is to be saved to:

<!--webbot bot="FileUpload" U-File="_private/form_results.csv" S-Format="TEXT/CSV" S-Label-Fields="TRUE" S-Destination="myfolder/" -->
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

threademporium has brought this to us :

From: threademporium on
Found the HTML code it is as follows
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
onsubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;"
language="JavaScript" name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-onSubmit="return
FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)">

Am I replace this code with the code you gave me in the first part of your
answer>

Thank you for help

Joyce

From: Ronx on
Add
enctype="multipart/form-data"
to the <form tag you have, but also make sure that the webbot comment following the <form> tag starts <!--webbot bot="FileUpload"
If it doesn't, then remove the existing file-upload form field, and reinsert it
Insert->Form->File Upload

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

threademporium expressed precisely :

From: Stefan B Rusynko on
PS
And make sure the folder set to upload attachments to has the correct FP permissions
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288328

Add