From: David H. Lipman on
From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>

| "~BD~" <BoaterDave.is.(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

>> What sort of help/advice are you hoping to get from the members of
>> this particular newsgroup? I don't recall seeing anything about such
>> matters here either.

| You don't recall ever seeing the "exefix" reg file being mentioned? How
| about the DNS settings being modified and needing to be corrected? Have
| you been sleeping in class? :o)

Sleeping ?

How about cognition and retention.

--
Dave

From: David Kaye on
~BD~ <BoaterDave.is.(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>You didn't respond to my query [....]

I pick and choose what I respond to based on my time and my interest. I'm not
here to serve you or anyone else.

From: ~BD~ on
FromTheRafters wrote:
> "~BD~"<BoaterDave.is.(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> What sort of help/advice are you hoping to get from the members of
>> this particular newsgroup? I don't recall seeing anything about such
>> matters here either.
>
> You don't recall ever seeing the "exefix" reg file being mentioned?

No :-(

> How about the DNS settings being modified and needing to be corrected?

Yes

> Have you been sleeping in class? :o)

Seems so. My bad!

--
Dave - just a user, not a guru.
From: ~BD~ on
David Kaye wrote:
> ~BD~<BoaterDave.is.(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> You didn't respond to my query [....]
>
> I pick and choose what I respond to based on my time and my interest.

Of course. That is entirely your prerogative and I don't question that.

> I'm not here to serve you or anyone else.

I wonder if we have an 'across the pond' misunderstanding here. I'm not
suggesting or demanding that you provide a service to me or anyone else.
Maybe my use of words created the wrong signal. There was no intent to
cause upset. I am sorry.

I now know you have much practical experience 'in the field' and was
hoping you would comment on what an *academic* had said. How can you be
sure that what he says is not true?

Jesper M. Johansson, Ph.D., CISSP, MCSE, MCP+I
Security Program Manager
Microsoft Corporation ........ said:-

"The only way to clean a compromised system is to flatten and rebuild."

--
Dave - respecting your right to remain silent! ;)
From: Leythos on
In article <m86dnREyTKyF6DzWnZ2dnUVZ7tKdnZ2d(a)bt.com>, BoaterDave.is.
@hotmail.co.uk says...
> "The only way to clean a compromised system is to flatten and rebuild."

While it's "Technically" True, it's not practically true, but it is the
method that I use when I have the choice.

Trust yourself.