From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:38:01 -0600, "French Quarter"
<French.Quarter(a)tulane.edu> wrote:

> Ken Blake, I brought it over to my neighbor who is a hard ware expert.
> After the blue screen of death he read the error message and said it was a
> virus. But I did not think to write the name down.

If your neighbor is an expert, get him to solve your problems. You
can't expect to get help here if you don't have information for us.

> I used the HP restore options with destructive recovery but do not know how
> the TATTOO was lost from the MOBO.
>
> Hopefully GOOGLE will find a TATOO program

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: VanguardLH on
French Quarter wrote:

> Ken Blake, I brought it over to my neighbor who is a hard ware expert.
> After the blue screen of death he read the error message and said it was a
> virus. But I did not think to write the name down.
>
> I used the HP restore options with destructive recovery but do not know how
> the TATTOO was lost from the MOBO.
>
> Hopefully GOOGLE will find a TATOO program

And what if you reboot into Windows' safe mode?

It's not likely that the BSOD screen is going to show anything that points
at a virus. You (or your neighbor) would have to look at the dump file but
then you can't boot into Windows to get at the dump file so just how did
your neighbor look at it?
From: Elmo on
French Quarter wrote:
> Thank you Elmo Joe, I'm installing all those programs on a Bootable CD
> and DVD.

Programs usually won't reinstall because of registry entries, and
software protection schemes. You CAN save the documents in "My
Documents", and possibly the address book, email folders etc..

--
Joe =o)
From: David B. on
How would a hardware expert know it was a virus just by reading a BSOD?
Being a hardware expert is a pretty limited field of expertise and would be
of no use diagnosing Windows blue screens.

From: Leonard Grey on
"Being a hardware expert is a pretty limited field of expertise and
would be of no use diagnosing Windows blue screens."

<chuckle> You've got /lots/ to learn about blue screen errors, buddy.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est