First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Using pointer-to-member of incomplete type in constructor call in VS2008
Mihajlo Cvetanović <mcvetanovic(a)gmail.com> wrote: Update on the subject. I was playing with inheritance keywords __single_inheritance, __multiple_inheritance, __virtual_inheritance. If you specify the correct keyword everything works. If you specify incorrect inheritance the compiler reports C2292. Very ni... 4 Feb 2010 11:09
simple reference "for each" question
Hi, A simple question, I'm sure, but I can't seem to find the answer. How do modify the contents of a container in a for each construct? That is, obtain a reference to the object in the container rather than a temporary copy? (The code below _won't_ modify the "FooVector") struct Foo { int a; } vector<Foo>... 5 Feb 2010 02:52
"PORTING C" > How to assign a value to a define statement?
Hello, This question is geared more towards seeking a voice of programming experience. I am running into a situation where I need some advice on how to do things. Perhaps I am seeing this the wrong way. In summary, from main(), I would like to call a defined macro called "Config_delay_timers", and in that m... 5 Feb 2010 02:52
Why is reference from unused function required?
I have stumbled across a problem involving linking to a static library that I was hoping someone could help me with. I want to create a static library which contains various methods that I will use from other code. In my simple example case, I try to call one of the two library methods from main(). Everything com... 13 Feb 2010 14:56
Using signal in a runtime loaded DLL
We've written a DLL which uses signal() to trap access violations and floating point exceptions. This works fine when our DLL is loaded from our executables that use either run-time or load-time linking. However, when the DLL is loaded by Java, although the first thing we do is call signal, our signal handler... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
float to double conversion warning
Is there some way to turn this warning off just for float to double but keep it on for other loss of precision conversions? ... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
Rectangular objects from client area
I ran into a nasty problem that I could not solve on top of my thick head. So you might be able to help me. Given a rectangle (rendered from a bitmap perhaps) in the window client area, how can you find its four corners coordinates, hence also finding its width and height. I meant this is a bare minimal case witho... 2 Feb 2010 22:27
Convert from UINT_PTR to LPVOID
Hello how can I convert from UINT_PTR to LPVOID? Thanks. Nic ... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
enum operator overloading VC9 compiler bug?
Hello, compiling this snippet: enum E { e1 }; bool operator<=( E, E ) { return false; } int main() { E e; e<=e; return 0; } produces 1>c:\users\schoedl\documents\visual studio 2008\projects \test6\test6\test6.cpp(17) : error C2593: 'operator <=' is ambiguous 1> c:\users\schoed... 8 Feb 2010 13:24
Can I have the compiler ignore export keyword ?
Hello I have Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack at work and I would like to write my template code in a .cpp file, and only the template declarations in the .h or .hpp file, as if export would be supported and as if I could export my templates. However without export support for such separation to actually wor... 2 Feb 2010 17:36